tube sealant?

/ tube sealant? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I've got an old tractor with a slow leak in a rear. I simply don't have the time to tear it down to re-tube.. or pay for a 'farm call' from the local tire store... At this point.. I doubt if I could get the rim off the axle judging by condition. Or that the tire would survive being remounted.. ... I don't need the tractor to do any work.. just gotta hold air, and roll around the pasture every couple of weeks.

I was looking at sealers the other day at TSC and notice slime in big letters said 'tubeless'.

But there was this other stuff next to it in a white jug.. and it mentioned that it seals punctures in tubes as well.

Anyone have any experience in tub sealants?

Soundguy

/ tube sealant? #2  
I read, somewhere, probable here that there is a tube type slime available, now. I'd go ahead and try it, with a tube it won't gum up the wheel in case you have to change it out anyway.

/ tube sealant? #3  
I was looking at the same stuff in my local TSC and thinking about using it for the front tires of my old Ford, seems to attract thorns. Mayber i should wait and see how it works for you /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ tube sealant? #4  
I haven't taken a tire off that has had Slime very long, but the white stuff from TSC will dry to a plastic like film that is hard to get off.

/ tube sealant? #5  
I used the white stuff from TSC in the front tires of my garden tractor which have tubes. One tire had a slow leak, flat weekly. I was doubtfull but a year and a half later it is still ok. YMMV though.

Dave...