Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor
Re: Tuition - Jim\'s first real day with Thor

Well Roy, it flew/cartwheeled about 10 feet and stopped. Made quite a racket coming out from under. I can truly imagine the damage it could have done, and thank my lucky stars that I was out there alone when it happened. That way, my only real worries were finding the parts in the grass and thinking of less than polite ways to let the dealer know what happened. I've been somewhat disappointed by the dealer I bought it from - but it was very inexpensive. My local dealer, on the other hand, has been wonderful and a different story altogether.

Jim

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #12  

I have learned that lesson myself but it is cheaper where I live. There must be 10 tractors within a two mile radius. We just take turns pulling each other out. The guy with the big JD 4WD got called on the most. Now that I have 4WD I expect to move up on the list!

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #13  

Ditto Tony, I got stuck after 2 hours seat time on my new JD4200. Luck was with me, my neighbor got home shortly after and pulled me out with his tractor. I think I could have gotten out with someone in the 4wd pickup and me on the tractor, but I was flying solo. My only advice - make friends with the neighbors, they're ususally more than happy to help the newcomers.

Bud

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #14  

Neighbours are great but so is a wife that can handle an ATV. Last week I tried mowing the meadow and got too close to the edge of the creek - no I didn't go in the water but I got into some very soft mud. Four wheel drive didn't get me out. I got the better half to bring the ATV down to meadow, chained it to a tree so that it wouldn't slide and used the winch on the ATV to pull me out. By the time she got the ATV back to the house, I was stuck again. Back down she came and pulled me out again. That was enough for one day so packed it in.

Well, gee! Maybe I shouldn't have been quite so embarrassed! It's beginning to look like it happens to more of us than I thought! Thanks for sharing.

Jim

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #16  

If you own a tractor and haven't been stuck yet then you really haven't used your tractor!! There are times you just push the throttle all the way up just to see what it'll do. Some times you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.

Well, the bear is smacking his lips and wiping the corners of his mouth with a dinner napkin. What's that? Well I'll be darned - he just ordered dessert!

:)

Jim

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #18  

got my first tractor stuck back around 1954 or so i was only about 12 and dad let me do some plowing, told me to stay away from the swampy area,but i knew better, i could get closer than he said/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif got the old steel wheeled tractor burried to the axel, had to get my uncle to pull me out with the cat. all dad said ,WAS HE DONE THE SAME THING. just listen next time., since then have managed to get every one of my tactors stuck at one time or another, except this one. but give me time/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #19  

First thing I had to do with my L3010 was pull my JD318 out of a hole(I drove it in).
If it were not for abuse my 318 would not recognize me!
I am very glad no one saw that episode!

/ Tuition - Jim's first real day with Thor #20  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you own a tractor and haven't been stuck yet then you really haven't used your tractor!! There are times you just push the throttle all the way up just to see what it'll do. Some times you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you.
== )</font>===== I'm afraid to say i haven't gotten my new tractor stuck for fear i may get stuck if i do say it.