TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Took my truck to the dealer for its first maintanance.First time in my life i ever let anyone change my oil:)Ifigures the first time id let them look it over,plus there is barely room enough in my mechanic garage to rotate the tires.
Iwas surprised to learn the truck came through with synthetic in it.Ithought every one broke em in with regular oil,shows what i know.Ive never used it much,but since it came with it i shelled out 20 bucks more and used it again.Ialso learned the TOYOTA oil is a moble product.Didnt cost alot more than at wally world,so ill use the TOYOTA oil,but probably do it myself next time.
My question is did your truck come through with synthetic? Could be an old wifes tale,but i thought conventional oil,was more commonly used to break iN stuff.
ALAN

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #2  
Many new cars come with synthetic. Corvette, and Mercedes come to mind.

I think it's just an old wives tale.

jb

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #3  
A partial listing of vehicles that comes new from the factory with synthetic oil installed. The listing is from Mobil on new vehicle there oil is in, so other manafactures oil, Valvoline, Shell, Quarker State, Amsoil, Red Line, etc. is not mentioned.

Acura RDX

Aston Martin

All Bentley Vehicles

All Cadillac Vehicles

Chevrolet Corvette C6 and Z06

Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS

Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Cobalt SS S/C Coupe

Dodge Caliber SRT-4, Charger SRT-8, and Magnum SRT-8

Jeep Cherokee SRT-8

Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles

Mercedes SLR

Mitsubishi Evolution

Pontiac Solstice GXP

All Porsche Vehicles

Saturn Ion Red Line and Saturn Sky Red Line

Viper SRT-10

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #4  
Changing your oil every 3,000 miles is just like using nitrogen in your tires. Its just commercial non-sense.

Oils are much better, motors are less hard on oil and tires have permiability: The nitrogen fill is gone in 4 - 6 months.

Say it ain't so, Rembrandt....

Stupid is as stupid does.

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #5  
I've got a 72% nitrogen blend in my tires. work best for me ;)

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #6  
My dealer had a special going on so I brought in my truck. They vacuumed out the tires and put in approximately 18% oxygen, then they filled them the rest with nitrogen. He said there was a percent or two of other stuff, but I don't remember what. It was expensive, but I think it was worth it.

:D

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #7  
Alan, Hows that truck treating you? I should be coming up your way this week. Ours is just about two weeks old and some moron thought it was ok to wack their door into the side. Chipped the paint and left a tiny ding.:( No note or anything.:mad:

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE
Alan, Hows that truck treating you? I should be coming up your way this week. Ours is just about two weeks old and some moron thought it was ok to wack their door into the side. Chipped the paint and left a tiny ding.:( No note or anything.:mad:
THATS TERRIBLE!!Itry not to park in lots,and if i do i walk,or sit in it while the wife goes in.The TUNDRA,has had 0 issues ,except i loosened a peice of trim,on the bumper when i jack knifed my trailer in the woods:rolleyes:Dealer put a new clip on it and its good as new.Give me a heads up when your coming and ill take the truck to work so you can check it out.Your going to bring yours so DALE and i can drool over it ,right?:)
ALAN

/ TUNDRA FIRST OIL CHANGE #10  
I can only find the 78% N2 stuff around here. You must be lucky...

jb

John, you're right. Boy do I feel stoopit:eek:. And I just had that science class around the middle of the last century.

Ken