turf front/ r-4 rears??

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #1  

CLIPPED

I want to put turf tires on the front of a 2305 john deere and keep the r-4's on the rear . Will there be any problems doing this. My dealer said no problem as long as the tires (turf) had the same radius as the r-4 that would replace them. Just want some advice ,thanks

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #2  
wouldnt that be ideal? Are you willing to take on jokes of the mismatched tires though?;)
On the serious side, I think there was someone on this forum who said the r4's and turfs have different circumfernce and could be a problem in 4 wheel drive. I did a search and came up emtpy.:( Can anybody correct me here please?

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #3  
I want to put turf tires on the front of a 2305 john deere and keep the r-4's on the rear . Will there be any problems doing this. My dealer said no problem as long as the tires (turf) had as the r-4 that would replace them. Just want some advice ,thanks
That's the rub .
turf tires & r-4's don't have the same radius

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #4  
measure the circumfernce of the front R-4 and make sure the turf you get has the same
circumfernce. If you do this, you will not have driveline problems. If you have a FEL, remember that most turfs are only 4 ply.

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #5  
I want to put turf tires on the front of a 2305 john deere and keep the r-4's on the rear . Will there be any problems doing this. My dealer said no problem as long as the tires (turf) had the same radius as the r-4 that would replace them. Just want some advice ,thanks

What you need to do is go to one or more tire manufacturer's website(s) and look up the spec's for the tires yiou have now and compare them to the spec's of the tire you would like to use. Sometimes you can find a turf tire one size wider ( & a little taller) that would still use the same rim and match up well to the more robust R-4. Rolling circumference and static loaded radius are the two critical dimensions. You don't have to match them exactly, but they must be quite close. What you want to do can be done successfully, but not with every tire size.

/ turf front/ r-4 rears??
Thanks for the answers and help. I dont know if the r-4 will damage the yard when turning , anyone have that problem with the r-4 tires on the front of a 2305 . I have a 2210 now and selling it to buy a 2305 , the 2210 has turf and the 2305 has the r-4. thanks

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #7  
Thanks for the answers and help. I dont know if the r-4 will damage the yard when turning , anyone have that problem with the r-4 tires on the front of a 2305 . I have a 2210 now and selling it to buy a 2305 , the 2210 has turf and the 2305 has the r-4. thanks

I had turfs on my Kubota. I put R4 on, but could only afford the rear tires... I had to leave the front turfs on for a while. I looked in the books, the numbers looked right. But, the inflated diameter, on my rims was a little too tall. Wound up replacing a front driveline ujoint.

If you just run 2wd, you'll be fine.

My R4's are ok on grass. Just don't turn tight in 4wd. That's true regarless of tractor brand/model.

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #8  
wouldnt that be ideal? Are you willing to take on jokes of the mismatched tires though?;)
On the serious side, I think there was someone on this forum who said the r4's and turfs have different circumfernce and could be a problem in 4 wheel drive. I did a search and came up emtpy.:( Can anybody correct me here please?

I'll begin by stating the obvious - I am neither an engineer or a mechanic, just asking a sincere question.

As long as both front tires have the same circumference, why does it matter if they are not the same as the ones they replaced? Unlike a car/truck, the front tires tractor tires are already much smaller than the rear ones.

Jay

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #9  

Yep, the outside edge/corner of the cleats on R4's will dig up small clumps of grass when you make sharp turns in 4x4 mode. At least it will with the R4's on my 790. When in 4x2 mode, it doesn't do it quite as bad.

/ turf front/ r-4 rears?? #10  
I'll begin by stating the obvious - I am neither an engineer or a mechanic, just asking a sincere question.

As long as both front tires have the same circumference, why does it matter if they are not the same as the ones they replaced? Unlike a car/truck, the front tires tractor tires are already much smaller than the rear ones.

Jay

The tractors axels have differant gears to compinsate for the differant size tires. Changing the size of the tire would change the ground speed and the two axels would work against each other.