Tires Turf or Industrial tires?

/ Turf or Industrial tires? #21  
I used industrials on my tractor for the 1st 2 weeks until the turfs were delivered. I have no complaints with the turfs. I mow, grade the driveway, work in the woods and bucket dirt and stone with not trouble. They work great with my backhoe. The only trouble I have ever had is that they tend to load up pretty quick in mud and then have little traction. Everywhere else, plenty of grip. I would buy them again.

/ Turf or Industrial tires? #22  
I have TC30 with turf tires and 4wd as well and its working great for me. It sounds like we have similar uses and so far (its only been a month or so for me) I am really pleased that I went with the turf tire option.

Our land is on a decent size hill and I'm able to mow and use the FEL without damaging the lawn in the slightest. The turfs on the TC30 even leave less of an imprint on the lawn then my residential tractor did.

If I ever do have any trouble with snow or whatever, I plan on picking up a sent of chains. They seem pretty inexpensive and you can take them on and off easily.

/ Turf or Industrial tires? #23  
I started with ags on a small Bota, replaced them with ags when they wore out. Switched to a bigger (4300) green and wanted ags again. Dealer couldn't find any within 700miles so he gave me the R4s that came with the tractor. I had to use chains on the ags so I made a larger set for the R4s. Takes 1/2hr to install them (if the hoe isn't on) but well worth the effort in mud or snow. I'm talking snow that is packed and stays around for 4months. Did I mention that the only level spot at our place is the wooden deck and the frozen lake.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if turfs and chains might be the answer. They would be easier to install on turfs than R4s. They also might have better traction on rough ground and rock than the stiffer R4s, similar to airing down a 4x4 tire..They would definitely do less damage on the trails in the summer.

/ Turf or Industrial tires? #24  
For most applications R4 tires are the best option. They do nothing really well, but nothing badly either. They are not hard on grass, they get decent traction, wear well and sustain heavy loads (such as loader work) well. When not pumped or filled to an inch of their life, they also have good floatation and an excellent smooth ride. I do not like turf tires on larger compacts. On TURF they are great but not as good for other uses. For a tractor, unless one is on really finely cut grass etc., in most cases I believe the R4's to be a better choice. If absolute traction is the goal, R1's are the best, but they will tear up grass if it is wet, but surprisingly not much when dry. Again, not meaning to hurt any feelings of those who use and like turfs, but in my experience with them and going by our original poster's needs, I would suggest a high-ply R4.

John M