Turn Signals on 2010D

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #1  

nuvz

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 2010D
I know this isn't a huge problem, but it iritates me anyway. What I am talking about is the turn signal switch. You move it left & the right light comes on & vice-versa. What' up with that?? It just seems odd. Also, there is no hazard flasher on this model. Any simpleway to rectify this?

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #2  
Sounds like you need to switch the wires (or just sit backwards).

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #3  
It's not really backwards. If you'll notice the top of the switch has a small point on it and the bottom of the switch just has a lot of overhang. I thought the same thing so I switched my wires.

Eugene

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #4  
<font color="red"> Also, there is no hazard flasher on this model. Any simpleway to rectify this? </font>

On my 1610D there are 2 green wires leaving the switch, one going to each light. I shorted the two toghther by the switch and now I can turn the switch either way and I have hazard flashers.

Rich

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #5  
I replaced mine with amber strobes. Tied the 2 together since I don't need turn signals. Turn the switch either way and the strobes start.

/ Turn Signals on 2010D
Thanks to all! I will simply shrt the wires and be done with it!!

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #7  
I tied mine in with the head lights as I have no need for turn signals either. Now they act as running lights.

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #8  
Not wanting to start a new thread I did a search on this subject and it is exactly what I am dealing with. I wanted to make my turn signals into hazards so I wired them together and they did work but are noticeably weaker. Can I put a larger flasher in the circuit to make them brighter and longer flash? Right now they are weak and a real short flash.

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #9  
could be the flasher. I've replaced mine a couple times

/ Turn Signals on 2010D #10  
Yeah I'm gonna try and replace the flasher, any idea on part number/type? Can you pick one up at local auto parts store?