Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #1  

Bansil

Gold Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 5000 w/FEL(sold), 1950 Farmall Super A for the wife to drive around (needs fixed) 2024 Kubota B2601 FEL & BH
So I have a B2601 tractor, I need a box blade for it. They are frikn $$$$ for a 5 ft blade, so I have a 7ft or 8ft almost new box blade. I have tried to sell it but no luck, most people don't have a big enough tractor for it.

It is paid for, so I am thinking about cutting it down and rebuilding the hitch to match a cat 1 using this chart

3point hitch standard dimensions.jpg

Thoughts?

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #2  
I might try a 1/2 link pin, with the cat 1 facing inwards, and the cat 2 facing out.

21235_1.jpg

You might have to check the thread diameter on your existing pins. Perhaps there are different sizes, or they could be shimmed.

Measure your hitch arms to see if you can swing them out wide enough.

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #3  
You can always shrink a hole by getting some fairly thick washers of the right ID and welding one (or two) on each side of the hole. I've found large washers to be surprisingly cheap on Amazon.

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #5  
I'd sell the big one and find a good used one on CL or MarketPlace or . . . Hard to see how you wouldn't come out ahead. Should be easy to break even.

With all due respect, if you've tried to sell it, you should at least know if it's 7' or 8' wide? If it's almost new and a known brand, there should be a market for it. In my opinion . . .

Last edited:
   / Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #6  
If you have a cat 2 hole and need to use a cat 1 pin to go thru your lower lift arm or top link Just go to Tractor Supply and buy a bushing. Cut it in half so there is bushing on both sides of the lift arm and in the box blade holes.

My hydraulic top link has a cat 1 hole and my JL501 winch has cat 2 holes. I split a bushing and all is good.

gg

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade
I'd sell the big one and find a good used one on CL or MarketPlace or . . . Hard to see how you wouldn't come out ahead. Should be easy to break even.

With all due respect, if you've tried to sell it, you should at least know if it's 7' or 8' wide? If it's almost new and a known brand, there should be a market for it. In my opinion . . .
No worries, it's been 10+ years since I bought it, got it just to clear and level a garage and driveway, I bought the biggest one they had, literally used it a couple days and then into the barn, it still has sold on it in grease pencil,lol.

I did talk to a friend who does the farm/livestock type sales, to keep an eye out for me for a 5ft one.

I have about 1/2 of what a new 5ft costs in it, I'm going to hit up a few places and try to swap it for a small one.

I don't have facebook...

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #8  
No worries, it's been 10+ years since I bought it, got it just to clear and level a garage and driveway, I bought the biggest one they had, literally used it a couple days and then into the barn, it still has sold on it in grease pencil,lol.

I did talk to a friend who does the farm/livestock type sales, to keep an eye out for me for a 5ft one.

I have about 1/2 of what a new 5ft costs in it, I'm going to hit up a few places and try to swap it for a small one.

I don't have facebook...

I really only use FB for Marketplace. For a box blade, I'd look there and on CL.

I did a quick search, out of curiosity, on Marketplace for "box blade 7'" and then filtered it down to "SOLD" items. There were lots of mixed results but several examples of 7' and 8' footers that had sold for reasonable dollars. With a proper description and some decent pictures, you might be surprised to find that someone is looking for a deal on a "used" one.

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade
Mmm...wife is on it, can she make me the one to get texts? For transaction...Android phones..

/ Turning a cat 2 box blade into a cat 1 box blade #10  
Where are you located?