TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #311  
My mother has that. She will spend more time going forward and backward trying to find her place than if we had just suffered through the danged commercials. 🤪

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #312  
My mother has that. She will spend more time going forward and backward trying to find her place than if we had just suffered through the danged commercials. 🤪

Maybe it's a female thing? My wife is the same way, and she seems hopelessly perplexed by the fast forward button. She will sit through a live episode of Bewitched, even though she has 70 episodes saved on the DVR.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #313  
I’ve been watching the old sitcom CHEERS again on HULU commercial free. Great show. After the first minute of the show you get the introduction credits and theme song which lasts for 70 seconds. 70 seconds. No option to ‘skip intro’. Seven bumps of the fast forward each time. ER is five bumps.

Last edited:
   / TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #314  
I've been watching MASH reruns on Youtube, as well as "Have Gun Will Travel." I've seen most of them at least twice, and it's getting old.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...
FWIW...The new Bosch series 'Bosch:Legacy' is very good...the first 4 episodes of the new series premiered last week...The 5th and 6th episodes were released today...there is a total of 10 episodes with releases on Fridays...
The series is streaming free on "freevee" (formerly IMDTV) can be accessed through Amazon Prime or on the stand alone freevee channel...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #316  
We use DISH network. 30sec forward and 10sec back. Easy to skip ahead to miss the commercials. Also nice if you didn't see or didn't hear what was shown/said, to pop backwards.

Makes TV/Movie watching much more pleasurable. You decide on bathroom and snack breaks not the network!
I too, but I also have a Logitech Harmony macro programmable remote control. If I select Netflix then it knows what needs to be turned on and how to set each device so picture goes to the correct input on TV and sound to the stereo amplifier. Or the Roku, or just Dish TV, or Pandora.

One of the most useful macros hits the +30 second skip button 8 times. Gutfeld! has pretty reliable 4 minute commercial breaks. Tucker Carlson has 5 minute breaks.

Another macro toggles Dish closed captioning.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #317  
After the first minute of the show you get the introduction credits and theme song which lasts for 70 seconds. 70 seconds. No option to ‘skip intro’. Seven bumps of the fast forward each time. ER is five bumps.
Kind of a PITA with a lot of old shows, intro/theme runs quite long and is right at the beginning. I've just got a cheapo DVD player and it doesn't remember where you left off when watching a series, and you have to sit thru the whole intro to find out if you've seen that episode before. Likewise for some of the channels on the Roku (Tubi is one that comes to mind).
I like the way they do it with newer shows better where there's several minutes of show before the opening routine.
I'll just sit thru the commercials myself, sometimes mute it if there's a particularly obnoxious one otherwise I'll keep a magazine handy for those few minutes.
Likewise, always bugs me when you're riding in the car with one of those people who keeps hitting presets everytime a commercial or a song they don't like comes on. Eventually I'll tell them to knock it off.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #318  
I too, but I also have a Logitech Harmony macro programmable remote control. If I select Netflix then it knows what needs to be turned on and how to set each device so picture goes to the correct input on TV and sound to the stereo amplifier. Or the Roku, or just Dish TV, or Pandora.

One of the most useful macros hits the +30 second skip button 8 times. Gutfeld! has pretty reliable 4 minute commercial breaks. Tucker Carlson has 5 minute breaks.

Another macro toggles Dish closed captioning.
I used to really like the Logitech remotes, the $60 5xx series models that my short fingers could use by touch with one hand. Now I use Roku remotes WITH the power and volume controls. Tinker around with the Roku sound setup and you can get it to control a sound bar or a simple sound system.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #319  
FWIW...The new Bosch series 'Bosch:Legacy' is very good...the first 4 episodes of the new series premiered last week...The 5th and 6th episodes were released today...there is a total of 10 episodes with releases on Fridays...
The series is streaming free on "freevee" (formerly IMDTV) can be accessed through Amazon Prime or on the stand alone freevee channel...
I just double checked on the new Bosch series mentioned above. Disappointed it’s not part of Amazon like the original series and commercial free.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...
I just double checked on the new Bosch series mentioned above. Disappointed it’s not part of Amazon like the original series and commercial free.
It is produced and owned by Amazon (prime)..."freevee" used to be IMDBTV which is owned by Amazon...
it is the same people making the show (high quality, writing, acting etc...)...the commercials are limited not near as bad as some streaming channels...

The show has already been approved for a second season...