TV Tractors

/ TV Tractors #11  
Bird, I wouldn't have a milk cow for ANY reason! Both of my brothers do though (they're nuts), one has 3, and the other runs 7 to 10 of them. Why? Nuts. He tried to get me to help him milk the last time I was up to his place, and I said I would go out and visit with him, but the cows were his. No sisters (our one died at one day old).
Burn down the outhouse? We did that twice, and blew it up with dynamite once...Dad was a little ticked about that one! Talk about pooh hitten the fan so to speak! Neighbors learned to be cautous in our area, as several outhouses got moved backwards off the holes...I wonder how that happened? Ours always had corner posts sunk 4 to 5 feet deep. I always hated feeding the calfs...them turkeys were sloppy, plus a real mess when the got scowers.

/ TV Tractors #12  
Cheap labor, not my kids. I raised 2 boys and 2 girls. For what it costs to raise them I could have hired out all the work and it would have cost less than raising my kids. But I would rather have my kids even though they are still costing me. They have given me 9 grandkids so it has been worth the cost./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ TV Tractors
I do remember Sky King, don't know what kind of airplane he had but I think they called it "The Songbird" It had the Flying Crown emblem on the side. I don't recall the Massey Harris, but I guess all that flying, and catching evildoers didn't give him much time to use it.
Scruffy, now that you said that, I think Your right. I seem to recall in the opening credits and theme song of "The Mcoys" Walter Brennan was shown behind a mule.
Someone mentioned Roy Rogers, the only vehicle on that show I remember is "Nelly Belle" Mustard n custard! Having a hard time picturing "ole Roy" in one of his fancy outfits sitting on a Jubilee, but I guess he could have had one parked out by the corral.
I knew there was something about the name of that "green Acres" tractor.
I guess I was lucky, My Dad got our first TV about 1954. He got it from a neighbor who had bought it on credit at a White store and was about to have it repoed. A big heavy cabinet and a little bitty screen. We had that thing well over ten years.

/ TV Tractors #14  
ErnieB, that was me 'bout Roy Rogers, I could be blowin' smoke here, but seems to me I remember an occassional shot of the 'hired' hand on a tractor towing a hay wagon. Usually accompanied by a moon and a Roy/Dale ballad. Am I going nuts here? Probably, both the brothers obviously have in owning milk cows! Let the neighbor do that, I'll go over there to get the fresh milk and cream!

/ TV Tractors #15  
After sitting back and reading these posts for about 2 years learning everything I can about tractors before I retire to a ranch as far away from Los Angeles as I can, I'm finally going to add my 2 cents (it figures it's not even about tractors). The original Songbird was a Cessna T-50, and Sky King's later model was a Cessna 310. And I still have a crush on Penny.

/ TV Tractors #17  
Scruffy, I thought it was a Beechcraft, but my brother came over this afternoon and I asked him and he just immediately said "a Cessna 310". And since he's an old aircraft nut (and TV trivia nut), worked for awhile as an airplane salesman, and briefly owned a Cessna 310, I'll bet that's right.

Bird

/ TV Tractors #18  
Bird, I would say he should know after all that! All I know about planes is if they're flying, don't jump! Also, (after Nam) if it don't have wings, I AIN'T climbing in it! I was just remembering the show, and it seems to me that it was referred to a few times as a Beechcraft, but I could easily be thinking of some other show.

/ TV Tractors #19  
Scruffy, 'member this?

"Happy trails to you,
until we meet again.

Happy trails to you,
keep smiling until then.

Happy trails to you,
'til we meet again."
(a song at the end of the episode)

"...May the Good Lord take a like'in to ya."

Thought you might enjoy a step down memory lane.

Chip Kelly-Lazy K Stables, Gig Harbor, WA

Chip Kelly-LazyK

/ TV Tractors #20  
Chip, sure do sir! Good ol Roy Rogers show. About (if not) the cleanest western motif show ever.
Say, you are going to have to get Harv to make you a little signature block of a tractor holding up the L (leaning of course) on your 'LazyK' for a signature block!