Two injured seriously by farm tractor

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #91  
I'm not sure what your asking;
the throttle lever is mounted off the steering column, push left to throttle down, pull right to get full throttle.
Many of the older diesels had mechanical fuel stops some where on the throttles, many had a pull cable to stop,
some had a cable operated stop with a start position just up from the stop for the start then all the way up for the run.
The most confusing I can recall on those old IH's was the starter push button and the ether start aid push button, both black rubber covered buttons,
used to pull the ether bottles off because some not familiar with them would be pressing the button several times you could the ether cans spritzing into the manifold.

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #92  
Unless there is a detent, what would prevent someone from inadvertantly shutting down the engine by throttling down?

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #93  
Never seen one "integrated" into the throttle. Most often a pull knob, that you "Pull to shut down the fuel supply" and then usually it's spring loaded or you push it back in, ready for starting.

I cannot help what you have not seen. It is not uncommon, or was not at one time.

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #94  
Unless there is a detent, what would prevent someone from inadvertantly shutting down the engine by throttling down?

Nothing. And my Ford 841 was exactly that way. There was an almost imperceptible resistance just as the shutoff closed, but that was it.

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #95  
I'm not sure what your asking;
the throttle lever is mounted off the steering column, push left to throttle down, pull right to get full throttle.
Many of the older diesels had mechanical fuel stops some where on the throttles, many had a pull cable to stop,
some had a cable operated stop with a start position just up from the stop for the start then all the way up for the run.
The most confusing I can recall on those old IH's was the starter push button and the ether start aid push button, both black rubber covered buttons,
used to pull the ether bottles off because some not familiar with them would be pressing the button several times you could the ether cans spritzing into the manifold.

Yes, that arrangement sucked. I inadvertently loaded up a late 706 with ether one time thinking it was a 282 and I was preheating it with glow plugs. I was helping a friend and was unfamiliar with the tractor. Fortunately there were no consequences.

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #96  
I've seen:
1 guy crushed by a stick shift mustang, hes alive but hobbles.

1 guy get his feelings hurt and a garage door smashed by a pickup he reached in the window and started.

I have known of: a former employee using a screwdriver to start a jd855 that ran him over. He isn't 100% now.

When I got hired as an equipment mechanic my foreman told me about the jd855 guy, then told me before starting any peice of equipment, be sure you know how to shut it off and be sure you can reach it!

And the grand finale:

Poor people have poor ways

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #97  
I know RICH people (In fact just won a million bucks on top of his wealth) and can't find the time to wire up his dash mounted starter switch.

855 is hydro. How did that happen?

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #98  
I know RICH people (In fact just won a million bucks on top of his wealth) and can't find the time to wire up his dash mounted starter switch.

855 is hydro. How did that happen?
Could be wrong on model. It was a smallish 2wd gear tranny.

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #99  
After looking at Google images, its larger than a jd870. Definitely not a jd855. My bad. I worked on it, replaced leaky fuel lines, 10 years ago.

Edit, saw alot of jd 2155 tractors, looks about right size. Not a big machine, but WAY bigger than I'd want to be rant over with!

I guess only the 2 last digits stuck.

Jd __55

/ Two injured seriously by farm tractor #100  
As they say nowadays. No Worry! Funny. I worrry a lot about a lot of things.