TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil?

/ TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil? #1  

fpappal

Tractor
John Deere LA, M, H Massey 135,203
The TX1300 I just picked up has an Iseki SR1100CD tiller attached to it. I drained the oil from the chain case and it was milky white. The oil in the pumpkin was also milky white. The oil fill for the pumpkin is the pipe that is coming up from the shaft, not actually in the pumpkin. It did not have a plug in it so water was obviously getting in. My question is how much oil should I put in that pumpkin? If you look down the fill tube you can see the shaft. Should the oil cover the shaft? Just under the shaft? Not much oil came out, maybe half a quart but I have no idea if that is how much should be in it. I looked all over for a manual and cannot find one. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190901_114158934.jpg
    IMG_20190901_114158934.jpg
    945.2 KB · Views: 174
   / TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil? #2  
Hi fpappal, i have some documentation on that, send me a PM with your email and i will send you all docs i have.

thx
M.

/ TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil? #3  
Hi Francis, i just sent all documents i have (most of them courtesy of frx55). The file you want for the tiller is called 'Bolens_Iseki_svc_and_rpr1+2'.

as a (like me) new user/owner of this iseki you should have a look at the thread frx55 created on all the work he had to do on his iseki (same as yours). It is a complete epos of everything that can fight back at you when doing maintenance on these old machines.

You can find it here, it is very well documented.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/iseki/273164-bolens-g154-iseki-tx1300f.html

Good luck with your iseki anyway, feel free to share some photo's :)

thx
M.

/ TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil?
Thank you for the tiller manual. I never would have figured out how much oil to add without it. I also did not realize they made attachments that went with the tiller. Pretty impressive little tractor this was at one time. Too bad parts and implements are so hard to find now. I see that the tiller is attached with a 2-point hitch. How exactly would I go about making the tractor a 3 point hitch if I wanted to? Can the arms be relocated to a lower position? Or would I need additional components?

/ TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil? #5  
I think it is still a pretty impressive machine. The only bad part i have found is that it is not stable on hilly ground.

Parts and implements are not a really big problem here in Poland. There are still a lot of these iseki's artound, so some companies actually make and sell implements. In the 8 months i own these two iseki's i have acquired

- a 1 ton trailer to move stuff around
- a FEL
- a plough
- a kultywator (don't know the word for that)
- a rebak (don't know word, it's used to cut small trees into small pieces for burning)
- a tool to split bigger pieces of firewood (don't know name)
- a tiller like you have

At some moment i came across a guy who had an engine lying around, and wanted 100 euro for it. I instantly bought it, just to be covered on parts if needed.

About 3-point: you can lower the arms, but this would/should not be necessary. You need a few parts to connect the 3pt implements. Normally you can get this for about 100 dollars. If memory serves me well, frx55 managed to buy this in the US while rebuilding his tractor.

In Poland you can buy this on several places. Here is what the complete set looks like:

TUZ Kat 1 R zawiesia do ciągnikow Yanmar, Kubota, Iseki Rzeszow • OLX.pl

Hope this explains. Put some photo's of your tractor? Always nice to see the different states these things are, and what has been modified/altered during it's existence.

thx
M.

/ TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil? #6  
Hi guys making the tractor into a 3 point hitch is easy make sure you get the right sized lift arms but you will have to keep removing them to attach the tiller to convert the tiller into 3 point hookup is very difficult if even possible
IMG_6158.JPGIMG_6160.JPGIMG_6158.JPGIMG_6160.JPG

/ TX1300 tiller question/how much gear oil? #7  
Hi Terry, about your photo's: Your rear tires look a LOT bigger then mine. Maybe the image makes it look like this, but do you have any size indication written on the tires? Just curious....

thx
M.