Tym 293 HST with factory cab

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #11  
Hey CrazyTYM,
I poked around on the internet and there are quite a few small 12 volt fans available that are made for defogging windshields, they mount just about anywhere and can either be hard wired or used with a cigarette lighter port.

Twenty to twenty-five bucks, they just might be the ticket to keep that cap glass clear, I am going to look into them a little more and give one a try I think.

Al

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #12  
What brand snowblower do you have on your T293? That is most likely your lower distance throwing problem. Each brand has a diferent size fan and spout which can make a big diference. The blower fan speed is also diferent on some brands. These are the three main factors on how far the snow is blown. Fifteen years ago my dad sold a Erskine snowblower to a salesman who worked at another dealership that sold Woods snowblowers. He purchased one from our store as it blew snow farther than what he was selling. I am not saying Woods builds bad snowblowers but that the 3 factors made the Erskine a much better blower. My dad contacted him on how he liked the snowblower we sold him and he was very happy with it. Both blowers were run on the same Kubota tractor so the tractor wasnt the factor. TYM now offers a front mount snowblower and that will realy throw the snow. I saw one in operation and it threw it over 30ft. :thumbsup: That would be one to check with your dealer on.

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #13  
I was in a Walmart yesterday evening and found a 12 volt clip on fan that used the lighter outlet. Eleven dollars regular price, on sale for eight bucks so I took it.

Today was snow blowing day for me and was a good test for this bargain priced fan's ability to keep my tractor cab's rear windows from fogging.

The fan is light weight with a strong spring loaded clip that I used to clamp onto one of my side window latches which sits just above the lighter port.

To make a long story short the fan worked perfectly, the rear windows stayed fog free problem solved.

How long the eight dollar special works, who knows, but I can say now that I sure will not be without a replacement of some kind.

Al

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #14  
Sorry for the delay before answering. I didn't get the regular notice by email that someone had responded to this post so I didn't bother checking it lately. The blower brand I have is the Econor E60-220 made by Normand. It's a canadian base company I think. On that note, I was out last week after a good snow fall and found the snow was going a better distance than previous times. I think it was more of a dry snow comared to wet snow we had received in previous storms this year. So all in all, I'm pretty satisfied with my new toy so far. The wiper was also tested during this storm and it works perfect. I'll go check at walmart to see if they have this little fan that I could use. My only problem is that I don't have a lighter outlet on my tractor(well I don't think I have one) so I'll need to hard wire either the fan or add a outlet. Iguess I should've done that when I had it in the garage in pieces when installing the wiper :-(. Oh well, too bad.

Talk to you later.

Marcel

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #15  
I've been looking at a 293 cab tractor for a while and one of the drawbacks for me is the lack of a rear wiper. What did you do to get one for yours? Has anyone addressed air conditioning for the summer time while mowing with one of these tractors?

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #16  
Hi,

I've purchassed a wiper motor from a car parts store in town. It's a boat wiper motor with a 2-3/4" shaft and a 80 degree sweep. I had to build a support made of hard wood for it because the way the cab is made, the motor would not fit by itself. With the correct wiper arm, I was able to fit a 18" blade so I cover a good part of the window area with it. The motor+wiper arm+blade+switch cost me a bit under $200.00 I know it's not cheap but when I compare with the dealer who wanted $465.00 to install one, I think it's not too bad. And I'm pretty sure I have a better window coverage with my setup than the one they would've installed. I've attached some picture of it. Hope it worked.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG00358.jpg
    IMG00358.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG00359.jpg
    IMG00359.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG00360.jpg
    IMG00360.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 332
   / Tym 293 HST with factory cab #17  
Hey Crazytym,

Nice installation.

Al

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #18  
Hello, you probably don't ask this question to me but since I also have a Tym 273 with a cab, Hope you don't mind I pitch in my comments.

The cab is really great in the snow. I had the chance to use it about 6 times already this winter. The large glass areas are really nice because you see everything around you. The heat in the cab works good, almost too good. I have to turn it off after a few minutes because it gets too warm. My only problem is the fog that comes up insidde the cab glass. I have to crack open one window to let a little bit of fresh air to come in to slow down the condensation and I have to wipe it once in a while. Not really a big deal. The only thing I have to do now is finish installing my rear wiper because blowing snow during a storm with no rear wiper is not fun at all. I don't understant someone who sells a tractor with a cab and rear snowblower but doesn't tell you you need a wiper. Te salesman is not doing it's job correctly when they do this. I have to say I'm a little bit disapointed with the distance the snowblower throws snow. It's my first tractor so I have nothing to compare it to except my honda snowblower. My honda is throwing snow twice as far as my new tractor. I understand there's a lot less snow to throw from a small walk behind blower than a tractor one but I was expecting a little better.

Bye.

Marcel

not to knock the TYM brand...cause i really like them. but i noticed that their cabs dont blow heat to the side and rear windows. i tried 2 different models, and the rear 4 vents have NO air flow...very strange. i thought i could probibly pop the top and run some ducts to these vents, but shouldnt have to. the kioti i finally purchased had heat blowing from all 8 vents...can direct to all windows, and came with rear wiper and rear light as all cabs should. as for the snowblower, im stumped. i have a 28 HP john deere and a farmking 60" snow blower, and it will toss snow out 30+ feet.....sometimes further if its real dry. ive had this blower for 4-5 years...love it. i think it would even push more snow if i had a more powerfull pto on the tractor.

/ Tym 293 HST with factory cab #19  
The rear vents on my tractor are called recirculation vents, they are not diffusers for the heater or air conditioning. The way I understand it they just recirculate the air in the cabin.

My truck has something similar integrated in it's heating and cooling system where it does not bring in outside air.

Al

Last edited: