TYM T233 Oil Pressure

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure
Definitely don’t use it anymore until you know the pressures.

With the new gauge record the reading at idle then at around 2000 RPM. Let us know what you find.
I will do that. Thank you for the help.

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure
Ok. So bought new gauge and hooked it up. So let me walk back everything that I had done before. Ever other time I had started/run the machine it had been at idle speed. Even when I used it before I never took it out of "low". When my Husband was showing me how to run the tractor before, I always had it in low speed. It was what I felt comfortable with. After hooking up the new gauge and I took the RPMs up to between 1500 & 2000, the gauge went up to about 58 psi. Before I took the idle up, the gauge didn't move. Since I am new to all this mechanicing stuff, does the tractor need to be ran at higher RPMs to build oil pressure? Could that have been my problem all along? And if that was the case, should I leave the gauge hooked up and not put the sensor back in? This has been the first time since my Husband has been gone that I have been "upset" with him. lol Not really upset with him, just frustrated with myself for not having the knowledge to know what to do.

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure #13  
That is good news. Now I would want to see what the pressure does when you bring the RPM back down to idle. Hopefully it will hold at least 15psi.

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure
That is good news. Now I would want to see what the pressure does when you bring the RPM back down to idle. Hopefully it will hold at least 15psi.
I lowered the RPMs back down and it dropped maybe a down a psi or two from what it was, but held steady.

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure #15  
You should be good then. The oil light should not come on if you reinstall the sending unit.

My suggestion is start the tractor at idle then bump RPM’s up to around 1200 to allow for warm up.

Great job working the problem and figuring things out. Stay in touch!

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure
You should be good then. The oil light should not come on if you reinstall the sending unit.

My suggestion is start the tractor at idle then bump RPM’s up to around 1200 to allow for warm up.

Great job working the problem and figuring things out. Stay in touch!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! You have no idea what this means to me. It's been really hard the past seven months. But now I am starting to feel like I'm going to be ok on my own.

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure #17  
I have no doubt you will be just fine. Quite impressive actually. :)

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure #19  
If the light comes on, when you reconnect your sensor then the diaphragm inside is torn and the sensor should be replaced. Check and see if that happens when you re-install the sensor and run the rpm up. You know your oil pressure is fine since you tested it with an independent gauge so if the light comes on the sensor is bad.

/ TYM T233 Oil Pressure #20  
If it was me I would go with the gauge as then
you know what the pressure is.
You did just fine taking care of the problem

willy