Tym t353 gloplug

/ Tym t353 gloplug #1  

Williamsummerlin2

Tractor
Tym 353
I have a tym t353 that is having gloplug issues. When I turn the key to the left, I get a blip of a light, but no solid light for any time. Tractor won稚 start cold, but when I apply 12 volts directly to gloplug, it starts. Removed all relays in front of radiator and applied 12 volts to each, read continuity across terminals. Looking at wiring diagram , one of the relays seems to have some sort of resistor circuit in it. Anyone have any other ideas as to how to solve this problem

/ Tym t353 gloplug #2  
If that's like my Mahindra (TYM chassis, mine has Mahindra powerplant) the engine control unit is in charge; once you check all of the ancillary bits, you are stuck with having a dealer scope out your ECU.

/ Tym t353 gloplug
Thanks for the reply, hope it is not a computer, the wiring diagram does not show one.

/ Tym t353 gloplug
Thanks for the reply, hope it is not a computer, the wiring diagram does not show one.
Got back into it today and found the fuse leading to the relays was seriously corroded, put in a new fuse and heavy duty fuse holder, put it back together and turned the switch to the left, got a short glow plug indicator light that only lit briefly and went out. Tractor had been cranked and outside temp in the 70s, tractor cranked right up. Don稚 know if it is totally fixed. Question: If the cylinder is warm, does the glow plug not come on?

/ Tym t353 gloplug
Got back into it today and found the fuse leading to the relays was seriously corroded, put in a new fuse and heavy duty fuse holder, put it back together and turned the switch to the left, got a short glow plug indicator light that only lit briefly and went out. Tractor had been cranked and outside temp in the 70s, tractor cranked right up. Don稚 know if it is totally fixed. Question: If the cylinder is warm, does the glow plug not come on?
Went back out and glow plug light not coming on, suspect glow plug timer at this point, would be nice to know how that timer works for investigative purpose, could have fried it while jumping tractor off with a starter charger.

/ Tym t353 gloplug
The saga continues, went back out this morning, apparently blew new fuse, dead short to ground, now opening up wiring loom searching for where the wire is shorting to. Wiring loom goes below radiator under tractor and then along left side of engine. I will take pictures when I find the problem.

/ Tym t353 gloplug #7  
Make yourself a simple test light with two small spade terminals on the leads. Remove the fuse and plug your leads into the two fuse contacts, but make sure they don’t contact each other.
When the power is on, if the light is on, the harness is shorted to ground. Move each section of harness until the light flickers or goes out. That is where your problem is located.

/ Tym t353 gloplug
Make yourself a simple test light with two small spade terminals on the leads. Remove the fuse and plug your leads into the two fuse contacts, but make sure they don稚 contact each other.
When the power is on, if the light is on, the harness is shorted to ground. Move each section of harness until the light flickers or goes out. That is where your problem is located.

Thanks, sound advice, wish I had it before opening up the harness, but may still be able to use it

/ Tym t353 gloplug
Thanks, sound advice, wish I had it before opening up the harness, but may still be able to use it

The epic saga is over with. Pulled the wire going to the glow plug and reconnected it outside the harness, replaced fuse, glow plug light came on as it was supposed to, not sure where the short was, but working well now, thanks for the interest that was shown by others

/ Tym t353 gloplug #10  
Glow plug timer.