Tym tractor

/ Tym tractor #11  
How is that, they just bought the majority share of Branson Tractor and is now the second largest Korean tractor producer? They have made tractors for Mahindra for decades. They will be around for a long time.

I hope the bomb ***** sends to N. Korea not miss and hit S. Korea. Might take out TYM. Oh no.

/ Tym tractor #12  
Not sure they will still be around as a brand 5-10 years from now ...

How is that, they just bought the majority share of Branson Tractor and is now the second largest Korean tractor producer? They have made tractors for Mahindra for decades. They will be around for a long time.

So, I wasn't trying to pick a fight, and it just my opinion of something to consider. There have been plenty of brands that didn't make it, and become orphan tractors in a way.

AgraCat
Agri-Power
Bobcat
Cabelas
Century
Cub Cadet
Farm Pro
Farmtrac
Montana
Scorpion

The big dogs are likely to stay:
Kubota
John Deere
Case/IH - New Holland

Massey Ferguson

Seem to be making headway:

Kioti
Mahindra

LS might get traction because they manufacture for New Holland. Yanmar is very new to the market, but starts with a good reputation because they make good engines and all the tractors they made for John Deere. (Remember the ads in the old Popular Mechanics for Kubota and Yanmar? It might have been interesting if they chose to export to the US under their brand instead of making all those John Deeres)

So where does TYM fit? Not sure. I know a dealer who had FarmTrac and planned to take on TYM, but they had a bad reputation for parts availability. Ended up taking on Mahindra.

So where does that leave Branson or TYM 5 or 10 years from now? My gut tells me one or both of those names will end up on that top list.

Nonetheless, this is just a musing on my part. I would take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
   / Tym tractor #13  
There is one big difference between your top list and the bottom ones. The top ones were basically distributors not manufacturers. When you buy a tractor to sell against the manufacturer you have a hard up hill battle. That is why most fail.

Now what I could see happen in the next 5 years would be a consolidation of TYM and Branson to be under one brand name. That is basically what happened to launch the White tractor brand in 1975 and later again when AGCO purchased them. You had Allis Chalmers to Deutz Allis to Agco Allis to consolidate with White to become Agco and in the end fall under the Massey Ferguson branch.

After the buyout now TYM is the largest tractor manufacturer in South Korea. They have two factories and possibly more. So now they are larger than LS or Kioti. They have also been making some models for Mahindra for about 20 years. With all of this I don't see them going out any time soon. The biggest problem was part of the Korean management team in the US from 2011 to 2015 dropped the ball on some items and they are working on corrections. I own two TYM's and if needed would not be afraid to buy a third if ever needed.

/ Tym tractor #14  
Couple of facts on the list above is that TYM made tractors for 3 on the top section (Cabelas,Montana, Scorpion) as well as the previously mentioned Mahindra on the bottom section. I'd like to see them stick around not enough to get there dealer and parts network stable. Then I think they could make some tracks..

/ Tym tractor #15  
I don't see LS,Kioti or TYM all surviving. I suspect one will fail. I just don't know which one. It would not surprise me to see another buyout before its all done.

/ Tym tractor #16  
I don't see LS,Kioti or TYM all surviving. I suspect one will fail. I just don't know which one. It would not surprise me to see another buyout before its all done.

I think you're on to something!

/ Tym tractor #17  
My bet is that TYM and Kioti will stick around, maybe LS? I agree on the buy out at some point though...

TYM seems pretty stable to me and Kioti has been around a long time too....so who knows for sure...

SR

/ Tym tractor #18  
I think Kioti is doing very well, but needs to increase dealer network. LS has deep pockets, is gaining ground sales wise, and like Kioti, the future is bright.
Tym, even after merging with Branson, seems spotty in dealerships and parts distribution, maybe a step or so behind. I don't see them giving up, but more likely upping their game in hopes of a more stable future.
Kubota and John Deere pricing models have helped create a demand for capable machines at a lesser price point, this forum is proof of that, if you if you look at the posters tractor of choice.d

/ Tym tractor #19  
My T234 just got delivered this morning...........all I can say is, I've now got 2 hours on the meter and no complaints;-)