Buying Advice tym tractors

/ tym tractors #31  
For what it is worth, I bought my TYM 503 on a whim to replace an Allis Chalmers d-14 that I had outgrown in 2012. I knew nothing about the company, but had always been impressed with the quality of Korean manufacturing. Best 18.4K I ever invested. The dealer here in Missouri, Diamond R, has been attentive when needed, but for the most part, I have had very few problems in the 120+ hours of productive fun on that machine. The Cat/Perkins engine is a great powerplant, and the ergonomic design of the controls, seat and flat platform keep operator fatigue at a minimum. If I had to design a machine that fits my needs for bush hogging, blading, forklifting and FEL work, this is it. But then again, you have got to have a good dealer.

/ tym tractors #32  
We have TYM 330 HST (bought 2005) currently with 930 hours. There were small fuel leaks at the beginning that I fixed in few minutes. The control unit in the dash died last year. Only persistent issue is leaky sight glass on the transmission. So far I got two for free and had to buy one from the dealer. It will work about two to three years or so and then it starts dripping. I guess the plastic it is made off hardens over time. The FEL pins and bushings are somewhat worn out but that is something to be expected after 10 years and 930 hours of operation during which the tractor moved a lot of dirt. So sum it all together I spent about 150 USD for all repairs in about 10 years and 930 hours. Since I filter the diesel fuel and keep the tank full as much as possible the tractor still has original fuel filter. I have no clue if the dealer is good or not. I need him just to buy filters and sometime hydraulic fluid.
While mowing certain weeds the radiator plugs easily but that is not TYM specific problem I suppose.

/ tym tractors #33  
Going to resurrect this thread.

I'll have to agree TYM is a great tractor. I've had zero problems with my T354. I feel u got a great buy at $19,500 with FEL. The specs on the T354 spank just about every other 35 hp tractor with the exception of the rebranded TYM versions.

/ tym tractors #35  
Interesting. Hope it pans out for them this time. Seems like they have a much harder time than the other Korean brands when it comes to finding/keeping dealers. And more options is a good thing for all of us!

/ tym tractors #36  
What's happening with TYM? Five or six years ago there was a flurry of interest in the brand but that seems to have dropped off. Even the number of posts about TYM on TBN has dropped while posts regarding other brands like Mahindra, Kioti and LS continue to climb. I know TYM makes a good tractor but what is happening to their independent brand here in the USA?

/ tym tractors #37  
At least in my area TYM seems unable to get a foot in the door with established powersports dealers the way Mahindra and Kioti have.(LS hasn't really made much of a showing here yet either) The only place I know that reps them is a used car lot.

/ tym tractors #38  
At least in my area TYM seems unable to get a foot in the door with established powersports dealers the way Mahindra and Kioti have.(LS hasn't really made much of a showing here yet either) The only place I know that reps them is a used car lot.

That's my impression too. Bad marketing strategy by TYM. Good tractors, probably just as good as Mahindra, Kioti, LS etc but bad business plan.

/ tym tractors #39  
Just my opinion: The dealer from whom I bought my 2400 also sold TYM. While the dealer went inside to get me a cash, drive away price, I noticed a TYM comparable hp unit sitting adjacent to the Branson I was seeking. I "kicked the tires" and stayed with my decision. Haven't been sorry.

/ tym tractors #40  
LS was here for literally a summer. Still some faded blue attachments lying in the lot. He makes his money in firearm sales... Kioti is a small player. Then NH, Green and Orange are the dominant choices in my area. I like the Boomer, but NH dealer doesn't want to sell any Blue smaller than 100hp. Kioti isnt priced well enough to bite into Kubotas share of the market here. In fact, their CS2510 is priced 3,000 above a similar BX...

I see TYM on Craigslist once and a while, they look nice, but with zero local support the resale is terrible.

Theres a Branson dealer 5 minutes down the road, but I don't know anyone personally who has owned one.