Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D

/ Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D #31  
Looks Great but how do you think the front end will cope with the oversize wheels/tyres??

/ Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D
Looks Great but how do you think the front end will cope with the oversize wheels/tyres??

Hi Neat 1500,

had a lot of testdrives yesterday after mounting. I think the frontend will have no problems with the wheels. I think if you have a normal tractor with a FEL the stress for the front end ( stub axles etc.) is a lot of more.

Also something to think about: If you mount the original tires to the wide side, the stress to the front axle is higher than you mount the more wide tires, which are mounted in the middle of the rim. Hope you understand what i try to describe. my english is not the best. see the pictures. so i think if you have a FEL mounted it is harder for the YANNI :cool:

Attachments

• 020_front_et.jpg
    020_front_et.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 021_front_et.jpg
    021_front_et.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 306
   / Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D #33  
That 1610 looks pretty good now. With tires that big, you could drive it right across water.:p

Had a lot of testing thru the last weeks,
drove two times about 20 mls thru the hard forest. no problems with the wide tires.

one pic with fenders.

ps. it doesnt swim. :confused:

Attachments

• 03042010318.jpg
    03042010318.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 648
  • 03042010319.jpg
    03042010319.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 1,831
  • 03042010321.jpg
    03042010321.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 578
  • 19042010324.jpg
    19042010324.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 2,199
   / Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D #36  
What pressure do you inflate the tires to? They are rated for a max 1.4 bar (20 psi), but with such a light tractor would you inflate them to a lower pressure?

What pressure do you inflate the tires to? They are rated for a max 1.4 bar (20 psi), but with such a light tractor would you inflate them to a lower pressure?

Current I run them with about 1.0 bar. I will test them with a little bit lower pressure. Will post the results here (also if i loose one, cause they are tubeless :cool:)

Stefan

/ Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D #38  
Thanks Verleih-Nix
Great info, pix, and video. And good looking design.
I have a 1610D and am interested in this setup. I have a FEL but would like a little less aggressive tire than my current standard Ag tires. I have looked at Hoye Tractor Turf kit but dont want to go all the way to turf tires with a FEL.

Now, almost a year after your last post, have you noted any problems?

Any clearance issues with front steering linkage/knuckles/frame?

My 3PH arms can hit my Ag tires currently. Did you do anything to shorten the side swing of the arms?

I found the exact ID of the front tire in an earlier post (31x15.50-15 8 PR Supreme Trac 412).
Is the rear also style "Supreme Trac 412"?
Can provide the exact style or Part Numbers for both wheels?

Would you post or sell a legible drawing/sketch for the spacers?

Hey you guys at Hoye: Any possibility of a kit of this setup fitted for 1610D? I would rather buy yours than roll my own.

Thanks Verleih-Nix
Great info, pix, and video. And good looking design.
I have a 1610D and am interested in this setup. I have a FEL but would like a little less aggressive tire than my current standard Ag tires. I have looked at Hoye Tractor Turf kit but dont want to go all the way to turf tires with a FEL.

Now, almost a year after your last post, have you noted any problems?

Any clearance issues with front steering linkage/knuckles/frame?

My 3PH arms can hit my Ag tires currently. Did you do anything to shorten the side swing of the arms?

I found the exact ID of the front tire in an earlier post (31x15.50-15 8 PR Supreme Trac 412).
Is the rear also style "Supreme Trac 412"?
Can provide the exact style or Part Numbers for both wheels?

Would you post or sell a legible drawing/sketch for the spacers?

Hey you guys at Hoye: Any possibility of a kit of this setup fitted for 1610D? I would rather buy yours than roll my own.

Hi to you all,

at first, I have not noticed any problems at all.
I am actually planing to ad a FEL (selfmade, and maybe in the next winter). The Wheels I bought from a bankrupt Kioti Dealer. They fit on a CK 45. A Sketch is no Problem. While I was looking for some other Wheels I found out the the 4 Bolt Volkswagen Beetle Rim also fits on to the front ( Diam. 4x130) maybe you can take some rims from a dune Buggy?
The origin retail price here in Germany for the complete Set is about 3500Euro plus VAT ( around 4.924$ plus 19% VAT).
I posted it somewhere in the forum that you can purchase these sets of wheels complete from Trelleborg.

best regards Verleih-Nix

/ Tyre / Rim Conversion on YM1610D #40  
Hi Verleigh-Nix,

I want to fit my 1610d with larger turf tyres also. Maybe not quite so big but something that doesn't destroy the grass so much.

Do you have the inter axle ratio number between the front and rear wheels to keep the 4wd system working correctly.

You say you have it in a post but not what the number is?

Thanks.
Richard.