TZ25DA pedal sticking

/ TZ25DA pedal sticking #1  

engineer bill

I have a problem with my forward & reverse pedals sticking? Actually they are very slow returning to the stop position when cold. When its very cold out I actually have to press the opposite pedal to get it to return to the stop position. Any suggestions on what to look for? I have lubed it with very little improvement.
Bill

/ TZ25DA pedal sticking #2  
Hi Bill,
This same thing happens on my TZ25 also ... The problem is with the damper that is connected to the pedal linkage. Normally, the damper allows a smooth, controlled return to neutral, but in colder weather the fluid that's inside it gets thicker, and the movement slows even more.

If it really bothers you, you can disconnect it .... but make sure you wear your seatbelt otherwise you might get lauched over the steering wheel when you let off the pedals! :eek:

~Kevin

/ TZ25DA pedal sticking
Thanks kcharbon, I overlooked that as the problem! It seems to improve as I use it when its cold. But you have to be careful when backing up to a hitch.
Bill

/ TZ25DA pedal sticking #4  
If the pedals have a shaft they pivot on / bushings. make sure they are not binding. look for hidden zerks as well.

soundguy