UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer...

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer... #11  
I have to agree with Jon on this one. I typically use pet oils in my cars (TECH from wally world @.77 per QT) and change every 4K on the LTD (highway miles), 3 months or 3K on the olds & F150 (around town). In the past, the engines ALWAYS outlast the bodys. (the poor 80' Citation had 212K - used no oil between changes but had no floorboards).

But when it comes to the Case DC, SC or the Kubota, I realize the body (frame) will last, and last, and last. So to make things more equal, why not spend the small difference to make the engine last longer. The Case DC was bought in 1950 by my Uncle and I believe he paid somewhere around $800.00 for it(new). I've been using synthetic in it since the late 70's and have never done any major engine work. I'm hoping if I take equal care of the Kubota, (to include extra quality oils) my kid's will be using it in the year 2050!

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer... #12  
Bill, I haven't tried any of the synthetic motor oils yet; still using Delo 400, but I did put the Amsoil hydraulic oil in the Kubota to see whether I could tell a difference./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I'm for anything that will make it quieter. When someone builds a tractor quiet enough that you have to look at the tachometer to see whether it's running, I'll buy it./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer... #13  
Del,

This is a classic case of bad information and screwed up dealers. Please explain the logic of this one: The dealers you poled consistently recommended that you don't need to use super UDT in your L35, despite of what our owners manual says to use super UDT. Your experience supports the requirement of the owners manual and not the dealers advice.

Then the dealers tell you that you need to run super UDT in the Kubota excavators which is opposite of what the owners manual require. I have operator manuals for the KX41-2, KX41, and the KH41 excavators which are all the excavators produced by Kubota for the last 15 years and none of them require the super UDT oil.

So, the dealers are telling you not to use super UDT oil for the equipment that requires it by virtue of the owners manual( such as your L35) and to use super UDT oil for the equipment that does't require super UDT by virtue of the owners manual.

Talked about being screwed up and inconsistent!!! It absolutely drives me nuts to hear all the inconsistent info between Kubota and their dealers.

I think I will use my own judgement and common sense, it will be better than pole results!!!!

Jon S.

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer...
They didn't say NOT to use it, just that they don't and in many cases don't even stock it.

I was equally surprised that Kubota had no comments when I brought this glaring discrepancy to their attention, just silence.

del

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer... #15  
Snell, I tried the glide shift. It was nice but not a hydro. The hydros are just so much better than any other type of trannie.

Bird, I know what you mean about the racket. This goes back to a thread we had going last year, I don't use my tractor without ear plugs in my ears and shooting muffs over my ears. After some tractor work I don't go in the house with my ears ringing any more.

Bill Cook

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer... #16  
Bill,
The problem you and Bird have is that you don't need these big sound protection ear muffs to keep warm. Heck, in Texas and Georgia they must be outrageously hot! Here in Vermont, I sometimes wear them over my down filled hood. They still work and keep the hood from blinding me when I turn. Even in the summer they're not too bad.
Todd

/ UDT vs SUPER UDT, Yes it is my FINAL Answer... #17  
Todd, you're sure right about that. 80 degrees today, so I sure didn't need anything to keep my ears warm.

Bird