UDT vs. Super UDT

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #21  
Our L3130 manual isn't clear on Super UDT or UDT; it states I can use either. My dealership said Super UDT and not UDT. Another dealership said something entirely different.

I called Kubota and the man said to use Super to keep the warranty good.

I'll probably use the Super because I don't want to void the warranty even if a compatible oil was made; which I'm told there is not (this is a Kubota exclusive).

MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C).

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #22  
Scrounger,

I agree about the warranty issue. If the lube says SUDT equiv. I can't see how they could deny Warranty. But if you use a UDT equiv. when SUDT is spec then it may be muddy. I'm sure a good dealer would cover it.

I have not heard of not using SUDT causing any Warranty Issues. I have heard of customers complaining of performance issues under warranty, and not using a SUDT equiv. Now it gets real muddy.

Bottom line Fluid choice is up to the individual. The only risk of going this route is if a performance issue arises from using an off brand fluid, I would be prepared to forego the cost of a change back to SUDT to prove the performance issue.

It was easy for me I looked in the manual and purchased what was speced. If something goes wrong It isn't going to be MY problem.

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #23  
<font color="red"> Now, I have alwayw herd your not supposed to mix different weights of oil. If you have 10-40 you should top of with 10-40. Was this the urban legion thing?????? </font>

Now, As a disclaimer, I am not an authority on this matter in the least. However I have mixed oil weights all my life in my vehicles when they are low on oil. I have yet to have an engine fail for oil related reasons. I have had engines go well over 200,000. I have talked to two different dealer mechanics at two different dealers that say you can top off the hydro with either sudt or udt. Are they right? I can't verify their accuracy on the facts. But if the difference between sudt and udt is viscosity at different temps I don't see how it would matter. But there are alot of guys here that know much more about this than me, so I will defer to their wisdom.

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #24  
Thanks Men, You just started my 3rd shift blown mind to start working overtime. Im just a hillbilly from TN, slow down. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Funny.. My mother bought a Cub Cadet mower with the HST and its time the change oils. I went to the dealer and told them I needed the oils to change in the mower. The man at the desk said ok and got the oil. When I ask how much for the HST oil he looked it up and said $32 a gallon!!!! I was standing at the time and quickly sat down. "Your pully my leg right???? I said "Nope" He said. "I cant believe this?" was my reply. So I went over to the Amsoil shelf and picked up a bottle of the good stuff and read on the back.
Guess what it said?
A direct replacement for (amoung a large list of oils) Super UDT.
The price? $18 a gallon. So you now know what went into mother's mower. Amsoil.
So when the warranty run's out on the Monster Orange Machine I just cant wait to get home to, In goes the Amsoil. It has a history of outstanding performance.
For what its worth, Thanks Men.
Another 2c worth.

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #25  
You should check with Chevron as they indeed have a product that is equivalent to Super udt ,Someone is yanking Your chain. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #26  
The dealer says they fill the HST with SUDT from the factory. Well how the heck would I know if that is really SUDT in my HST. Is it a different color or something? Is it that much of a difference in consistency that you can feel it? Would Kubota actually sell an oil with their name on it that is an inferior product. I would bet that the difference in the 2 oils is not much to even worry about for most users. Not sure which one I will use once my B7610 hits 50hrs, but I sure as heck won't be worried if I get UDT instead of SUDT...

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #27  
That's Your decision as to what You use.
I sure would not be mixing it though as I take mixing the two could have adverse effects or they would not have bothered to put it in the manual in My opinion.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chevron's product is orange for better visibility.

Member Rat uses it.

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #28  
Tomnky,

I may go for that Chevron. I saw that _R_A_T_ uses it in a thread a while back. On the other hand if something happens to the GST transmission it would be nice to have the Super UDT in it.

A Kubota dealership person(not at the dealership where I bought the tractor) told me not to change it if it looks good just change the filter and add some Super UDT. I thought about doing it for a few seconds then decided against it. I will have to play by the rules.

/ UDT vs. Super UDT #30  
I agree Smitty, I would be as precautionary as anyone when it comes to giving them a crack at any angle as far as warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is No way that I would not change it all, I am sure Kubota can tell if it has been changed, If the question came to surface.