Ugliest Yanmar?

/ Ugliest Yanmar? #1  

bacrow

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland Workmaster 33
Is mine the ugliest out there?

mine 092.jpgmine 091.jpg

Faded paint, rusty, mis-matched parts, obsolete attachments...

When I bought it my wife thought it was a huge P.O.S, and a waste of money. This weekend she got to see it in action and said it may be the best purchase I ever made. She said she now understands that song: "she thinks my tractors sexy". It may be ugly, but it still gets results!

/ Ugliest Yanmar? #2  
Everything looks pretty straight and there's no rust holes.
You may start to think of it as a handsome devil, given some time & projects finished.
I consider a little wear and tear to be a security benefit - who's going to steal it when there's a shinier, newer one, somewhere down the road?

/ Ugliest Yanmar? #3  
Faded paint, rusty, mis-matched parts, obsolete attachments...

I think we have a contender here. This probably has another ten years parked outdoors compared to your 'late model' Yanmar. :)

Faded paint? check. Well mostly on the loader. The Yanmar paint is holding up ok except for at the dings and scratches everywhere. A local VN import 'rebuild' shop refused to repaint it for me. "Too rough". :D
Mismatched parts? The oversize Kubota rear wheels were put on long before I bought it. Obsolete attachments? Great Bend loader went out of business years ago. Nobody ever heard of an AICO loader valve (widely used on Ford 8N's etc). (I replaced it with a Prince valve from Amazon). And for some reason the bucket has many dents showing it was used to ram stuff while curled forward. I still don't understand that one.

But everything functions same as new. Cause its a Yanmar! :thumbsup:

36619d1113245277-so-what-tractorin-did-you-625565-img_3089r2-haullog.jpg

Last edited:
   / Ugliest Yanmar? #4  

View attachment 354807View attachment 354808

When I bought it my wife thought it was a huge P.O.S, and a waste of money. This weekend she got to see it in action and said it may be the best purchase I ever made. She said she now understands that song: "she thinks my tractors sexy". It may be ugly, but it still gets results!

The wifes usually do come to see the light after a while,
especially when using our tractors to do something for them, Like: flower & vegetable gardens, ;)
when I first got my tractor it was "ugly as sin " as my wife put it, when seeing it 2-weeks later she thought I had traded it for a new one, I've mentioned selling it a couple times in order to fund/get a larger one, she thinks I spend enough time on this one, much less getting a larger one that I can do and spend even more time with,:D

/ Ugliest Yanmar? #5  
Well now mine's pretty homely herself. Spent many years sitting outside and loading hay bails into a truck before she came to live in my barn. But she is a sweety to use. Everything works great. Could use new back tires but will due for a while. Motor has 800 hours and runs great. Power shift is in order. Love this old 1610D.

Attachments

• SDC10417.jpg
    SDC10417.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 1,005
   / Ugliest Yanmar? #7  
Still looks new......you're kidding right? She's a beauty!:thumbsup:

/ Ugliest Yanmar? #8  
Brushhogggin at my friends house. Yes JD green is UGLY!

IMG_1397.JPG