Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748?

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #1  

awlchu

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X595
Are these new garden tractors by John Deere?

I noticed they appeared in the JD parts catalog while I was searching for a PN.....mmmm......

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #2  
Must be the new X's replacing the current series. The manual is already on the JD site. Link Here.

Note the lack of any diesel models. Interesting!

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #3  
This would match what I heard about the Horicon products changing from LT through X series. Doesn't look like major changes. I took a look at the online Deere parts website, and found the X748 seems to be a diesel, and it seems to have 4 wheel drive. There is also a X744 model, and that appears to be a diesel, 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer. The X740 is the diesel, 2 wheel drive, 2 wheel steer. Looks like the models match up like this:
X475 2ws - X700
X485 2ws - X720
X485 4ws - X724
X585 4wd - X728
X495 2ws - X740
X495 4ws - X744
X595 4wd - X748

I wonder what they will look like. I hear they have a new hood that looks like the larger 8030 series AG tractors. Dutch445, have you heard anything yet?

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #4  
So for the X series there doesn't seem to be too many changes other than model numbers and a new hood. I like the styling of the new 8030's though. These new X's should look pretty sharp.

I had heard from the local dealer that as part of the line revamp Deere wants to standardize on fewer frames. Must be just on the smaller machines.

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #5  
Thanks for heads up!

AS far as looks: info from JD Parts: Hoods the same as of now, part # AM132689 for both X585, X728. New labels like "X728 Ultimate"

So looks basically the same.

However! frame Part #s seem to differ by one digit. So, do same front implements hook up? Quick glance show that frames look the same. So what impact does that one digit have?

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #6  
Heres a difference on engines.

X728: Kawasaki FD750D 27HP
X585: Kawasaki FD671D 25HP

Perhaps more importantly, the FD750D (carb link though) has a higher and broader torque curve.

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #7  
Good work guys! I also noticed the same looking hood, but also notice the picture is pointed away from the viewer. I had heard that Deere was upping the horsepower to 27 to compete with the Simplicity Legacy XL. Where will it end?

I also found the new 100 series while knocking around last night. Looks like several models, I don't remember all of them. One of them was the 145, looked like the middle of the line-up. Didn't spend too much time looking at them, I'm more interested in the new X's than anything. The 318 I have is starting to look anchient.

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #8  
Good news. It is not like Deere to just slap a different model number on an old model. There have to be some more visible changes aka style. More horse power is nice. It woudl be great to have a 2 speed transaxil like on the 2305s. I really hope they change the front hood. I never really cared for the look of the x500 series. Reminded me too much of the Saber hood. Be real curious to see a picture soon.

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #9  
JD Parts says no change on hood.

JD Parts now shows attachments. As of now they are the same as current X series.

So, it seems stronger engines, and label/name change is about it. NOte the engine link above is to Carb version of FD750D. The fuel injected version may come in different. Apparently Deere may have exclusive on Fuel injection on lower compression FD750D. Aftermarket you have to go to higher compression, 29HP, FD791D-DFI to get fuel injection.

OK, now for silly Tim Allen comment. "Just think of the ground speed on this thing while blowing snow! ohw, ohw, ohw..." ;-)

/ Ultimate Select Garden Tractors X700-X748? #10  
I think for the X-series, these will be the changes we see, and thats why they have them ready already. I think the 200 and 300 series tractors will have more radical changes, and possibly different attachments. I think the X-series is great the way it is, so I'm happy to see Deere's plan unfolding. Soon we'll see the smaller tractors, which are older designs today. I that's where we'll see the more radical changes.