Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #1  

ponytug

Tractor
Power Trac PT1445
Those of you who have them, what do you recommend? Size? Power? Brand/model?

Anything to look for / watch out for?

I've used them a lot for work, but never owned myself, but any use tips or tricks are welcome as well.

Thanks for any tips!

All the best,

Peter

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #2  
I have no advice but when we did all are drafting by hand using ink pens we used an ultra sonic cleaner for the tips when they got clogged up. It was a small one, the reservoir was probably 5” square but that thing worked really well , very effective at cleaning small parts.

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #3  
I actually have a pretty large one and I see, like everything else they have went way up in price. If you get one, make sure it has a built in drain on the side so you can empty it easily and refill with a different fluid. I use different fluids in mine depending on what I want to clean and mine has a digital timer and heater as well. You will also need a small parts container to contain small parts like carb parts if that is what you are planning on cleaning.

I use Simple Green in mine as well as Berryman's B12 Chem Tool and concentrated degreaser and other solutions. depending on what I want to clean, which is why I need a convenient side drain.

I even use a heated lye and water solution in mine to clean saw chain loops prior to grinding them.

When I bought mine a few years ago, they were pretty reasonable in price but today, not so much. Mine is all stainless steel btw.

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations
I actually have a pretty large one and I see, like everything else they have went way up in price. If you get one, make sure it has a built in drain on the side so you can empty it easily and refill with a different fluid. I use different fluids in mine depending on what I want to clean and mine has a digital timer and heater as well. You will also need a small parts container to contain small parts like carb parts if that is what you are planning on cleaning.

I use Simple Green in mine as well as Berryman's B12 Chem Tool and concentrated degreaser and other solutions. depending on what I want to clean, which is why I need a convenient side drain.

I even use a heated lye and water solution in mine to clean saw chain loops prior to grinding them.

When I bought mine a few years ago, they were pretty reasonable in price but today, not so much. Mine is all stainless steel btw.
Do you know the model/brand?

All the best, Peter

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #5  
This is the one I have.
All the points 5030 said are valid, sounds like his machine is the same as mine. All I've ever used is simple Green and it seems to work fine. For small parts, I use either a small kitchen strainer that'll stay up right with the small parts inside or a tea infuser ball.

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #6  

I bought this one about a year ago. Works great. All stainless, has a drain and does a good job.

Go as large as possible and make sure it has a heated tank.

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #7  
I have Rovsun 15L from amazon. works good. I use only water in mine, and put items to clean in a baggie of water, so the tank water stays clean. I pour it out into jugs to reuse.

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #8  
This is the one I have.
All the points 5030 said are valid, sounds like his machine is the same as mine. All I've ever used is simple Green and it seems to work fine. For small parts, I use either a small kitchen strainer that'll stay up right with the small parts inside or a tea infuser ball.
The one I have is a tad bigger than that and mine is all digital, not analog.

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #9  
I looked harder to get an analog version on Amazon, I think I got the 10L size, no regrets... Depending on what you're doing size matters some, the 6L size like Harbor Freight just started carrying last year is a decent starting point but like said the bigger the better... I like the 10L size I got which is the Rovsun apparently...

For solution I just use a squirt of Dawn in the water, works decent and is cheap... it's just water so I don't get crazy about trying to keep the water clean but replace it every couple projects. I did some reading and asking when I got it and get it warmed up to around 140F with something to berak the surface tension and that's about all you need.

For reference I got the 10L size because I figured it would be big enough for a 4 barrel carb and I was right...

/ Ultrasonic cleaner recommendations #10  

I bought this one about a year ago. Works great. All stainless, has a drain and does a good job.

Go as large as possible and make sure it has a heated tank.
That is a monster tank! I use a 6L for cleaning records and use distilled water for best results.