Um what?...Never change the oil?

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #51  
I'm sure some of the senior citizens can remember back in the 50's someone was marketing an oil filter that was a roll of toilet paper and they claimed all you ever had to do was change the roll of toilet paper every now and then.I knew a couple of guys that tried it but don't remember how well it worked out for them.

Have a buddy that had that filter set up on a VW diesel car. Had around 300,000 miles on it when he got rid of it. Would just go to an industrial supply and buy a case of the John Wayne tp. He would change the oil in it as well.

/ Um what?...Never change the oil? #53  
The old '84 ford f250 I had to haul stuff with around here was kind of like that for a couple of years . It was not a regular driver , more like once every 2 or 3 months it would get drove to town for a load of rock or something . Always had fresh oil in it . When it was parked , the housing were the filter attached would leak . Yet when driving or even just starting it up , it would stop leaking . Finally said poop on it and found a used mount on ebay , that with shipping was like $12 . New was like 3 times that , ( ??? Been years ago so kind of foggy on that one ??? ) . :confused3:
Every time I would need to use it , I would add 2 to 3 quarts to get it up on the stick a bit and head off for the day . Had a pan under it at first , then tried putting one of those drain jugs under it so the oil would be inside a container to reuse , but even some what sheltered under the truck , dirt , leaves , rain would contaminate , thus could not reuse . Basically it was a farm truck and I did not have the time to deal with it . Course once I did finally fix it , I ended up selling it just a few months later and bought a dump trailer to make life easier .:thumbsup:

Fred H.