Unable to adjust 3 pt top link

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link #21  
It seems like you have an option of mounting the cat-1 pins higher on the snowblower (holes already there) ...seems like the distance is just what you want to make up ...you would want to check that your pto shaft isn't binding when you get the blower all the way down ...(and, I wouldn't have just cut one half of the shaft if I were cutting)

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link
Fred, I opened up the lower arms all the way until they were stopped by the plate on the hitch. That's what I did to begin with - and it was tight.

Someone mentioned cutting only half the shaft.....I cut both ends the same length. There was a pretty good explaination on how to shorten the shaft on this website - pictures included. Was a better explaination than the blower manual! Here is the thread link if anyone is interested: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=77471

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link #23  
Ok, great to have pictures now. It looks like a kubota top link. If you really need to get top link in closer, you probably can try to remove the locknut off. Also, If you got a pat's easy change, You would be able to have more room to use the top link. Using a quickhitch would eliminate the top link issues and trying to hook up your blower.

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link #24  
Hey Milkman

I would like more information on telescopic arms. I think I would prefer something like that to consider. Got pix? or a link?

I've only had this Bota for 7 weeks, so I am learning still. Took off the turn buckles completely. Yup, it opens wide enough indeed for 27" Let me ask you this. At what point would you suggest the safety prevent further widening? 28"? No more? Not that much?
Gotta say, Don't care a whole lot of this turn buckle arrangement though. PITA to constantly adjust for various implements.

There's several threads on here about the change over to the telescoping links, I'll see if I can find some to post.

Here's one I think will help with the telescoping link change over.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/12639-bx-2200-lift-arm-adjusters.html

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link #25  
Milkman

Thank you for this link. Wow those telescopic keeps are really cool.
I am not sure just what I will do about the stock Kubota turnbuckle stays but I gotta say, I don't care for them much. What a pain. I see some different things on ebay and elsewhere. There has to be a better and easier way that fussing with lock nuts and turnbuckles. Yuk. Thanks again for your help.

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link #26  
How about moving the lift pins up on the blower? Looks like there are another set of holes up about 6" you can use.

Chris

/ Unable to adjust 3 pt top link #27  
When unhooking, drop the snowblower so that the parking pad arm on the SB is resting on a brick or cinderblock. This will tilt the snow blower backwards, allowing easier hookup with the toplink.

I have 2 cinderblocks that I drop the front of my bushhog on and that greatly helps when I come back to hookup.