Uncorking a Tractor

/ Uncorking a Tractor #11  
"uncorking" is ok for a motorcycle since they can run 10000 rpm. on a tractor, it would be useless, since the engines run way too slow..

/ Uncorking a Tractor #12  
BS.

My career was Diesel emissions in an R&D environment for three decades.

Particulate matter is nasty stuff, and I have lung scarring to show for it, living around Diesels running in a forty test cell dyno lab every day.

A significant percentage of the people that worked in that facility died prematurely from cancer related health issues, and I am not including the smokers.

The original bus garage studies back in the sixties led to the initial correlation between diesel PM and lung disease has never been refuted, despite what some politically right leaning organizations would have you believe.

:thumbsup:

I can tell the difference between our Ford 1500(no dpf) and our L4760. Like others have said most tractors are limited by tuning rather than exhaust.

Enjoy the new tractor and don't worry about pulling the doc.

/ Uncorking a Tractor #13  
Believe what you want but you're betting someone else's future on your "opinion".

/ Uncorking a Tractor #14  
When I had a diesel pickup and read magazines related to them, I always remember an article that was more less telling people not to delete. The phrase that always stuck with me is its not like you get up in the morning, take a deep breath and say "the air is to clean today".

/ Uncorking a Tractor #15  
Those "pesky devices" are there to enable your children, grandchildren and theirs to breathe without respirators in a hundred or two hundred years so decide now how you want to be remembered by them, Mr Uncorked

Meanwhile, all the while around the world, MILLIONS of tractor & truck operators are going about their daily business without any engine choking gadgetry.

US tractor owners are mighty naive, if they think the air we breathe stays right above our heads.

Take a trip to China, or India! You may not like it, but THAT is reality.

/ Uncorking a Tractor #16  
Meanwhile, all the while around the world, MILLIONS of tractor & truck operators are going about their daily business without any engine choking gadgetry.

US tractor owners are mighty naive, if they think the air we breathe stays right above our heads.

Take a trip to China, or India! You may not like it, but THAT is reality.

China is rapidly evolving. They are the largest market in the world for electric cars and photovoltaics.