Under Deck Cleaning

/ Under Deck Cleaning #1  

GBHRPS

Bronze Member
Tractor
CC Z Force 48
Gentlemen,

Had the deck off my Z Force Zero Turn today to sharpen the blades and clean the deck underneath.

The BEST tool for scraping the grass buildup, but more importantly, the caked on mud that's just like concrete ... is a vibrating tool with the scraper blade attachment. I couldn't believe how quickly that vibrating action of the blade cut the hard packed mud from the steel. Using a putty knife used to take an hour, and the vibrating blade took 15 minutes. Try it, you'll love it!

Gene

/ Under Deck Cleaning #2  
pictures please. not fully understanding

/ Under Deck Cleaning #3  
multi force.jpg

I don't know if this is it, but I bet this would work.

/ Under Deck Cleaning #4  
Yep, I bought my M18 oscillating thing a ma jig just for that. A rounded putty knife for the soft stuff.

/ Under Deck Cleaning #6  
   / Under Deck Cleaning #7  
The vibrating tools are real handy and work quicker than a putty knife. One of the best things you can do is commit to a hose down after use. Commercial mowers and municipalities pull maintenance on their machines every day or two. If it is awkward to run a hose underneath the deck, make some stanchion or ramp that will help you get underneath the deck. It is time consuming but worth doing. In commercial work, operators figure their maintenance time each day. Your machine will operate better from top to bottom and last longer.

/ Under Deck Cleaning #8  
For my :2cents:. At the end of the season I hold the deck up with the FEL and power wash the underside then after it drys for awhile I spray the underside with WD40 to get the water out. After winter storage I pick it up and spray the underside with WD40 again before using. I stay pretty clean all season.

/ Under Deck Cleaning #9  
For my :2cents:. At the end of the season I hold the deck up with the FEL and power wash the underside then after it drys for awhile I spray the underside with WD40 to get the water out.

I sure hope your spindle bearings are well sealed or you are just inviting rust in the bearings.

Richard

/ Under Deck Cleaning #10  
I sure hope your spindle bearings are well sealed or you are just inviting rust in the bearings.

Richard

It really isn't just the bearings. the steel spindle shaft and the aluminum housing like to corrode together during storage when moisture is present. Run the deck to disperse the water, then soak the deck and spindle area with your favorite witch's brew.