Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy?

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy?
You guys are starting to convince me that this might not be such a good idea. If it worked like the ads show it, I want it, but your real world experience has given me some doubts.

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #12  
Hey, Eddie. Do you want it just to look at the fish? If so, I would invest in a mask, snorkel and fins instead. I used to skin dive in my youth and really enjoy holding my breath and diving down to see what lurks beneath the surface. It would be much more rewarding to dive down and really get to know your pond bottom then spending hours in a boat dangling a cable over the side not knowing for sure which direction it is looking and fighting the glare on the screen. It is also a great family activity. Just never swim alone. We used to tie a bleach jug to a rope on a brick anchor and toss a few into the area we were diving in. If you get tired, just swim over to the jug and hang on it for a while till you catch your breath. Just never tie a rope to yourself and dive or swim in moving water... it can get caught on things and hold you under. ;)

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy?
MossRoad,

That's sort of been my plan, but there is no way on this earth that Steph is going to go into the water. She has it in her head that the pond is full of snakes and things that will bite her. The kids and I, plus friends and family, all have a great time swimming in out two ponds, but not her. The mask and snorkle is something I plan on doing anyway, but I was hoping that the camera would be a fun way for Steph to see what's in the water. We have a canoe and a paddle boat, so my thought was to row on out there someplace and just lower the camera into the water to see what's under there. Since it sounds like we probably won't see anything, there's no real point in spending the money, building up expectation and then being disapointed.

Eddie

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #14  
Eddie,

What you really need is a glass bottom boat! :D

Many years ago I went scuba diving in a clay bottom lake in Michigan. There was no weed growth on the lake bottom & the water was murky most of the time. The only thing I could see was my fingerprints when I put my fingertips on my face mask. That was errie! :eek:

Don

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #15  
Eddie,
See if you can find someone that has one and invite them over for BBQ and a test in your pond. :eek:

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #16  
OK, Eddie, you are really making this difficult.

I came across this thing for you guys, but then saw that the legs and torso are exposed to the things Steph doesn't want to get bitten by.

Attachments

• En Lagon 5.jpg
    En Lagon 5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 61
   / Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #17  
So, here's the one you need.

Enjoy

Attachments

• U-BoatWorxSubmarine.jpg
    U-BoatWorxSubmarine.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 74
   / Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #18  
Eddie,

I've owned the aqua-view...or I should say I purchased one and immediately returned it to Bass Pro after trying it out and discovering it didn't perform as advertised.

Sounds great to view fish, watch their behavior, learn their routines...but the technology does not match the claims.

Maybe if one had completely clear water (which is of course basically dead water, no plankton) the current technology would be effective but ponds should never be completely clear, if one is interested in raising fish in a food chain approach.

/ Underwater viewing system. Which one to buy? #19  
You guys are starting to convince me that this might not be such a good idea. If it worked like the ads show it, I want it, but your real world experience has given me some doubts.

Thanks,
Eddie

I've got a system from Winsted Group, with DVR memory picture, they bring me good view of underwater world:

Mobile Safety, Marine/Boating > Systems, Underwater > AVC-FF101-DVR

Here attach picture of my system and image shot from the memory. I think it will be a good option for you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 51
  • picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 44
  • picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 44
  • picture 3.jpg
    picture 3.jpg