Unhappy 4115 Owner

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #21  
I'm a very happy Kioti owner. I read the JD posts in this forum before I deceided to buy a Kioti. Thanks to this forum I'm not in your position "BOHICA". I looked at Orange and didn't see what was so great a little over priced but not as bad as JD so Orange wsa my second choice after Kioti. Hope you get things fixed I know I would red faced too.

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #22  
I'd like to look at the Allison info if you can post a URL.

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #23  
The "styling" was outdated? My favorite tractors are "unstyled". De gustabus non disputatum est.

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #24  
I am in the transmission repair business. In April, I was able to spend some quality time with the Isuzu/Allison/GM team performing altitude power and emissions testing in Frisco, CO. The Allison for the DuraMax is a brandy new unit - screwed up by the necktied decision makers at GM. (GM of course has financial interest in Allison). The Allison is a quite capable unit but it it proprietary to GM and will not be shared with FoMoCo nor Mopar, at least in the near term. Mopar is looking at ZF for answers and Ford has done a marvelous job with the upgrade from E4OD to 4R100. There will be even greater changes in the new models for the 6.0L VT 365 engine from Navistar. The Allison is not bulletproof but is light years better than the previous 4L80E and it does not have a 30,000 GVW according to the engineers. Too many of the comsuming world think that a 1-Ton with diesel engine is reason to think they are a Peterbuilt.

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #25  
This is the very thing i was talking about a week or two ago when i posted that i'm "amazed" you guys spend this kind of dollars on something you haven't even tried out at "YOUR" own home!! "If" you had tried this tractor "before" paying for it, you could have sent it back, and had a different one delivered . OR, easily went to a diff. brand that you all so tried at "your" own home.

NOW, where's that fellow who answered my post, saying deere management told him they would take back any compact with in 30 days??? I'll be looking for him to post the name of the person at deere, and helping you out!!

Guys, try them at home "BEFORE" signing on the dotted line!!!! If your dealer won't let you do that, go find a dealer that will!!!
Robert

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #26  
Well I hear that Kubota has two lines coming out of the factory. One are the tractors that pass inspection and the other is for tractors that can't pass inspection. They paint the ones that can't pass green, so they can tell them from the first run units./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Now, don't fry me, I'm just kidding.

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #27  
GM has been out of the HD 1 Ton market as a practical matter for a number of years and they are making a fast and hard comeback. At the present time there is almost no limit to what GM will do to satisfy a DuraMax owner. The Allison is a good match. GM/Isuzu cannot yet meet the 2004 Emissions requirements, however. The dealerships techs have had NO actual training on the Allisons and so if there is an actual problem they are indeed installing a replacement unit. Independent shops have had Allison training available from Allison for more than a year already, but the parts availability has not been real good. New as it is, GM has a huge stake in the success of this combination.

/ Unhappy 4115 Owner #28  
The keyword with respect to Allison ratings is "was". In the 80's when I explored the possiblity of replacing the C6 behind a 6.9, the "smallest" Allison was a 30,000 GVW rated unit. The swap was doable, after all International was using the Allison behind 6.9 engines in the medium duty trucks. The price back then was several thousand dollars.

At that time the 6.9 was rated by International for up to 24,000 GVW. As part of the contract between Ford and International, Ford could not put the 6.9s in medium duty trucks since they would compete with International's medium duty line.

For once Ford did have a better idea. Putting the 6.9 into the light duty line seems more like an engineering decision rather than a marketing move. I'd like to know how all that came about. There had to have been some interesting discussions inside Ford.