Unicorn Log Splitter / PTO Driven

/ Unicorn Log Splitter / PTO Driven #31  
Thanks all for the input. I never heard back from the seller, so I guess someone got there first. This looked like a good cheap option to a hydraulic splitter, or a maul.

/ Unicorn Log Splitter / PTO Driven #32  
Achinback, there is a guy south of seattle that has just the cones on craigslist from time to time. You attach it to a post hole digger and split the whole log as you buck it, it works pretty ez.

/ Unicorn Log Splitter / PTO Driven #33  
Thanks all for the input. I never heard back from the seller, so I guess someone got there first. This looked like a good cheap option to a hydraulic splitter, or a maul.
Update. After finally hearing from the seller, I took a 40 mile round trip to look at it. Although the unicorn splitter was in good condition, I decided against buying it. The main reason is I have a Pat's Easy Hitch. The easy hitch extends the lower lift arms too far to attach the splitter, as the splitter has a fixed PTO shaft. It would be too time consuming to remove the PEH, and reinstall after using the splitter.

Had I realized the shaft was fixed, I would have stayed home and sharpened my maul. :)

/ Unicorn Log Splitter / PTO Driven #34  
hi all im looking to buy a cone 3pt hitch wood splitter some 1 have 1 for sale ???can you send me a photo??thanks

/ Unicorn Log Splitter / PTO Driven #35  
farmfield62 said:
hi all im looking to buy a cone 3pt hitch wood splitter some 1 have 1 for sale ???can you send me a photo??thanks

This thread is 11months old, so you're not likely to get ann answer....

Thomas
No matter where you go; there you are...