Unique ballast ideas

/ Unique ballast ideas #11  
I used a cut down 55 gallon drum with a metal rod (for the 3 pt hitch) through it before filling with concrete.

Ken

/ Unique ballast ideas #12  
Here's mine.

M.D.

Attachments

• ballast1.JPG
    ballast1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 360
  • ballast2.JPG
    ballast2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 320
   / Unique ballast ideas
MD, is that a culvert section with concrete in it? Looks really easy to take on and off. Great idea.

/ Unique ballast ideas #14  
I am honored to be included on jimmyj's list. My solution may be more sustainable, but the drill bits are classier. I need something like that on my car to hold back tailgaters - one look at those teeth, and they'll ride the brakes instead of the gas.

I actually looked around for something large, iron and free before shaping that stump. I'm thinking that a small engine block should be about right. Just run a threaded run through the crankshaft holes, and tighten down so it doesn't sway. Anyone here ever try that? Or maybe a stack of old truck clutch plates or brake discs.

-Chelydra

Tail gater defense?

Here is an idea:
Airsoft M18A1 Claymore Mine

For ballast-- I just don't have anything as neat as yall...

J

Attachments

• M18A1_Claymore_Mine_LF.jpg
    M18A1_Claymore_Mine_LF.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 120
   / Unique ballast ideas #15  
MD, is that a culvert section with concrete in it? Looks really easy to take on and off. Great idea.

Yes it's a piece of culvert filled with concrete and a 1" piece of shaft through it.
No top link required. By my calculations it weighs somewhere between 500 and 600 lbs.

M.D.

/ Unique ballast ideas
Found another spectacular ballast example. In an old post by DEON on his tractor. He called it "modern art".

Attachments

• P1000737.jpg
    P1000737.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 231