Univeral 3 pt adaptor

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor #11  
woodlandfarms said:
One other thing on the 3PT. it is a P I T A. Like in a HUGE way. My version is very heavy so nearly impossible for me to lift to connect with my Box Blade (Currently my only 3PT attachment). I hook it onto the tractor, and then monkey around with height and position for an eternity, Just like a CUT.

It may make more sense to have a number of QA Plates made up and weld them onto your implement. At 400 for shipping I bet you can get at least 4 plates if not more made locally.

I'm a little surprised. The three pt adapter is not as easy to hook up implements to as the PT quick attach but I find it easier than hooking up with the cut I used to have. The first lower point is easy because of PT's articulation. You can get that right from the seat. It does take a little jimmying afterwards to pick up the other two points. I find a hammer to be useful.

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor #12  
The 1850 uses the same plate as the 1430. The 1845 has the same lift capacity and I believe it uses the same plate.

Ken

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor #13  
marrt said:
When I first got my 425, I was a little disappointed with its digging ability. One day, I decided to attach the "Potato Digger" plow to loosen the dirt first. This worked great and I had no problem digging out several FEET of dirt for a new deck project. Recently, I needed to level a pad for a new pole barn. Even though my 1845 has a lot more power and weight than the 425, it still struggles with hard packed clay dirt. Since I don't have a Potato digger for the 1845, I thought I'd just order one from Power Trac. Not to start another "Power Tracs are not cheaper in my opinion" thread but I was BLOWN AWAY by the $400 asking price. With shipping, I would be looking at $500 probably. Since I know that Moss will ask for some numbers :), here are a few numbers of Power Trac attachments versus the Tractor Supply 3 pt:

+ Potato Digger: $400 vs $126
+ Boom Pole: $400 vs. $90
+ Box Blade: (still available?) vs. $420
+ Forks: $1600 (adjustable) vs. $125 (Carry All)
+ Bale Spear: $420 vs. $200

For these non-powered attachments that I would only use occasionally, I don't see why one couldn't create a universal 3 pt adapter and weld it to a PT attach plate. This would provide the ability to buy or borrow a non-powered 3 pt when needed. Has anyone thought about this or worked through a design?

Marrt, Someone made this adapter, One could weld a QA plate to the 3pt framework.

Attachments

• bobcat_skidsteer_3_pt_implement_adapter_1399.jpg
    bobcat_skidsteer_3_pt_implement_adapter_1399.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 155
   / Univeral 3 pt adaptor
Thanks for the comments. The two attached pictures are for adapters currently for sale on ebay. These don't look as beefy as the Lackender and could be lighter. I don't need anything super strong as the 3 pt. attachments I would buy are "cheap" versions for occasional use only. Also, it looks like I could easily weld (or evem bolt) the PT plate on.

Attachments

• 0666_1_b.jpg
    0666_1_b.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Copy2ofP8081350.jpg
    Copy2ofP8081350.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 137
   / Univeral 3 pt adaptor #15  
I have thought about a 3 pt adaptor as well. I am as frugal (big time cheap):D . I thought with a little welding, a PT plate and a couple of piece of square tubing. You could make a PT quick 3 pt adaptor out of 3-POINT QUICK HITCH from Harbor freight tools. Its an idea for anyone thinking about making a adaptor.

And throw a Universal receiver on to compete the setup.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

enjoy,
Chuckanut

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor #16  
RegL said:
I'm a little surprised. The three pt adapter is not as easy to hook up implements to as the PT quick attach but I find it easier than hooking up with the cut I used to have. The first lower point is easy because of PT's articulation. You can get that right from the seat. It does take a little jimmying afterwards to pick up the other two points. I find a hammer to be useful.

RegL It is just me whinging about. I get very soft with how easy the PT is to hook up with the QA so 5 to 10 minutes of lost seat time makes me upset. But yes, you are right, it is still easier than struggling with a true 3pt. My only experience was with larger (not cat 1) systems..

Carl

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor
Yes, that Harbor Freight 3 pt quick hitch is very appealing. It can even be had for $80 when ordered from their catalog. I'd be a little concerned about the amount of reinforcement needed for my application. The frame does not take a lot of stress in a normal 3 pt. connection since the tractor's 3 pt. pins connect close to the adater's pins. However, with a PT attach plate welded on, the frame would have to transfer some of the stress loads from the 3 pt. pins up the frame to the PT plate. For a 4xx or smaller class, I'm sure this would work fine. However, for 14xx and up, I suspect it would need some careful reinforcement due to the extra weight of the tractor. Since I don't own a welder yet, it may not be worth the extra cost and expense for me. It's tempting though.

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor #18  
woodlandfarms said:
RegL It is just me whinging about. I get very soft with how easy the PT is to hook up with the QA so 5 to 10 minutes of lost seat time makes me upset. But yes, you are right, it is still easier than struggling with a true 3pt. My only experience was with larger (not cat 1) systems..

Carl

Soft! I resemble that.

/ Univeral 3 pt adaptor #19  
Chuckanut said:
I have thought about a 3 pt adaptor as well. I am as frugal (big time cheap):D . I thought with a little welding, a PT plate and a couple of piece of square tubing. You could make a PT quick 3 pt adaptor out of 3-POINT QUICK HITCH from Harbor freight tools. Its an idea for anyone thinking about making a adaptor.

And throw a Universal receiver on to compete the setup.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

enjoy,
Chuckanut

I considered one of these before deciding to get the Lackender but someone on here brought up the point that there is no width adjustment and you would have to make sure what ever implement you got fit it. No problem if buying new but sometimes I see good deals at auctions and such.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2015 Kia Optima Sedan, (A33078)
2015 Kia Optima...
Unused Steelman 7ft Work Bench, (A33079)
Unused Steelman...
Wood Fence Posts Bundle 5"x7' (32 posts) (A34007)
Wood Fence Posts...
New  MIVA Excavator Ripper (A34302)
New MIVA...
Wheel Chair Lift (A34007)
Wheel Chair Lift...
2004 Terrys Trailers Trailer, VIN # 1T9CS202X4W709164 (A33237)
2004 Terrys...