unsynchronized transmission

/ unsynchronized transmission #11  
I start in a lower gear then after getting out of tight quarter, shift to higher gear on my 801 without stopping. Same for towing something heavy. Going uphill is a little harder and if towing up hill it's really hard but with practice can be done. Ever once in a blue moon I growl a gear but I don't force it,just clutch again and shift. I suggest trying often and just don't force it if it's growling. Pretty soon it will become second nature without even thinking about it. Since to tractor is new to you I'll mention "overrunning clutch" for pto while using a rotary mower makes all the difference in the world and safer😲 to.

/ unsynchronized transmission #12  
When I received that tractor is how I found out no reverse and the 2 stage clutch was stuck engaged. I think they had to weld the shifter. He knew what it was and wasn't happy about it. I bet good $ it won't happen again and knowing this with both brakes in excellent condition. I can stop on a dime! I did have a good load of wood in the loader so that was a problem with the weak brake not really slowing down also.
Both my tractors have Overrun clutches. The 2000 ford looks factory and on my small tractor I have to use one when mowing.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    642.9 KB · Views: 197