UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity

/ UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity #1  

Slackdaddy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
Just got off the phone with an engineer with Bobcat, The rhino loader they are using are NOT spec'd the same as the ones Rhino is listing on their site, that Bobcat had Rhino make changes.

These are the numbers from the Bobcat engineer:
CT120 (6TL loader) - 1140lb at the pins
CT225-230 (7TL loader) 1605lb at the pins

Update #2

Just got a return call from an engineer at Rhino, He say's no, nothing special about the 6TL and 7TL loaders going on the Bobcat tractors, and quoted the Rhino 6TL and 7TL specs (850, 1035 at the pins)

Who do You believe?

Nick

Last edited:
   / UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity #2  
I'd tend to believe the guy who's NOT trying to sell me the tractor by overstating loader capacities. OTOH - as was suggested to me yesterday, because I'm shopping as well, there are other loaders on the market that will work very nicely with that particular tractor series and give you better lift specs.

/ UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity #3  
Mr Hoyt

I am in Berryton-I assume you are dealing with White Star. What other loaders are you referring to and where are you looking. I have been talking to DePratt as well for a orange/bobcat.

/ UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity
Received an Email directly from Bobcat,
and had the loader specs put in writing.

They are sticking to the:
CT120 (6TL loader) - 1140lb at the pins
CT225-230 (7TL loader) 1605lb at the pins
At full height.

Hmmm ?

Nick

/ UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity #5  
I think before I bought, I would show up with a weight and see. Check with someone that does forklifts and they probably have a weight you could borrow.

That is a pretty substantial difference.

/ UPDATE on Bobcat loader Capacity #6  
Mr Hoyt

I am in Berryton-I assume you are dealing with White Star. What other loaders are you referring to and where are you looking. I have been talking to DePratt as well for a orange/bobcat.
"Mr Hoyt"? naah - just Erik.

I was trying to talk to White Star, but they didn't answer my email.
While I was looking at other shops, a couple of them mentioned that the bobcat regional sales guy had asked if they were interested in carrying his line as well as what they currently had on the lot, because WhiteStar apparently isn't interested in carrying ag equipment.
As to other loaders - I've had a few folks recommend Woods as a reliable brand with better specs than Rhino.
Haven't talked to DePratt, but am making a Wichita run later this week to see what they have there. Will likely stop in Eureka and look at their red and green models as well.