Tires update on fluid putting fluid in tire

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire #1  

jb112454

Silver Member
Tractor
2001 Kioti DK35
i got the water and anitfreeze put back in my tire after the valve stem got torn off. i did it my self. i used a adapter to connect a garden hose to the valve stem i purchased at attwoods. i pumped the fluid in with a dc powered semi possitive displacement pump i acquired while working at little giant pump. it takes about 15 seconds to pump a gallon into the tire. then yo must vent before the next gallon so you don't get to much pressure in the tire and make it hard on the battery and pump. i used two washing machine hoses to hook everything up and powered the pump from my tractor battery. the tire took 20 gallons including the antifreeze. the antifreeze is the type you put in an rv to keep the pipes from freezing. it is safe around animals so they say. this hole process took about 1.5 hours including taking off and putting the wheel on. now i'm setup for future fluid problems.

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire #2  
I filled mine with used a-freeze...no enviro consequenses that way..and it wont kill my rims like calcium chloride...why do they use that stuff anyway..must need to keep wheel sales going
Terry

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire
hi terry, what is "used a-freeze"? i never heard of that before. is it just anitfreeze that is used? how does that differ from the non-used anitfreeze?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire #4  
At how high a level should the liquid ballast be put in the tire folks??
I have seen up to the center of the axle and also up to the top rim (valve stem straight up) as the best way to go here. I can see where the below the axle line would be good for hill work but what all around tractor use??
What do you guys think the liquid level height ought to be???
By the way, I used antifreeze and water in my rear tires together with a set of double weights on each side.

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire #5  
All the articles that I have seen call for it over the top of the rim, but this is usually based upon the use of calcium cloride where rusting is a problem if rim is left exposed to air. I have also read that you need ot leave some air space to permit the tire to give when rolling over objects and to asorbe shocks. If you are using an anti-freeze of some type, than it would be up to you how much you add, but since most of us are looking for maximum weight, we go to the top of the rim.

i filled mine till the fluid came out the valve stem with the stem at 12 o'clock. i put 3 gallons of rv antifreeze plus water in each tire total about 20 gallons. in my area that will keep it form freezing. i used the rv antifreeze because it is non-toxic. i never feel like i'm going to tip over like i did before i put it in. most people put fluid in the tires to save money because the weights are so exspensive.

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire #7  
used A-freeze = used auto coolant. sorry about the confusion. I filled mine till no more could go in I then put it on the tractor and filled with air to compensate for tractor weight. I have my front tires foam fille also. Ever notice how many flats you have on front with a FEL. just like a motorcycle and rear flats ;)

LT, i agree with flats on the front i have a leak in the front right now. it's /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gifing.

/ update on fluid putting fluid in tire #9  
FOAM FILL THOSE BABIES!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

what is the name of the foam stuff? where do i get it and can i put it in?