Update on my new 3520 Cab

/ Update on my new 3520 Cab #1  

Mech

Gold Member
Tractor
3520 CAB
Only have about 10 hours on it grading roads and cleaning out ditches with the FEL & 4-in-1 bucket.

Surprises -- with R1's wide and filled it seems even more stable than my 790 was with R1's wide and filled, the 4-i-1 really adds a lot of functionality over a bucket.

Could be better -- Tool box is a toy and really difficult to open -- shouldn't have bothered to get it, washer fluid fill is really difficult to get to with a loader on, I thought it said it had storage behind the seat but what it has is open space if you don't put the seat all the way back, a 72" box blade is more than it can handle if going up a hill and the box blade is full (could have probably used 3720), would be nice if the range selector had detents so that you could feel where you are (I will probably mostly be in A but when shifting between A and B seems like I end up in N most of the time).

Otherwise I really like the tractor, a big step up in every way from my 790.

IMG_3440.jpgIMG_3436.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3434.jpgIMG_3433.jpgIMG_3432.jpg

Last edited:
   / Update on my new 3520 Cab #2  
VERY NICE set up you have there, you will really like the cab come winter in CO. Nice puppy.:D

/ Update on my new 3520 Cab
a 72" box blade is more than it can handle if going up a hill and the box blade is full (could have probably used 3720)

View attachment 330637View attachment 330641View attachment 330642View attachment 330643View attachment 330644View attachment 330645

After more seat time I thought I should correct this statement. I had never driven a hydro tractor before. I was treating the forward ehydro pedal like a gas pedal. Now that I realize it is really a gear ratio pedal the tractor works great. I moved a lot of dirt with the FEL and graded some roads on Saturday and relative to the 790 it replaced, the tractor is a beast.

/ Update on my new 3520 Cab #4  
Taking into consideration, 37 gross hp, max of 3570 #, hydro transmission, two speed transmission ........ I don't believe your over powered with a six foot box blade. I have 55 hp with extra weight in clay / rock soil, 12 speed transmission with front wheel assist and I have problems with a six foot woods box blade. Its easy to run out of traction if your using maximum soil removal.

Taking into consideration, 37 gross hp, max of 3570 #, hydro transmission, two speed transmission ........ I don't believe your over powered with a six foot box blade. I have 55 hp with extra weight in clay / rock soil, 12 speed transmission with front wheel assist and I have problems with a six foot woods box blade. Its easy to run out of traction if your using maximum soil removal.

Actually a 3 speed hydro although the high range is mostly for road transport.

I have 450lbs of extra weight on the box blade and even with R1s filled and 4wd I still usually run out of traction before power.

The soil here is mostly granite gravel with some rocks that won't move.

/ Update on my new 3520 Cab #6  
you sure your range selector doesn't have detents? mine does and clicks into each gear. I use each gear on a daily basis. I think maybe your talking about neutral. The neutral gear between a and b is somewhat bothersome because sometimes there is a tendency to glide past b into c if your not being careful

I can feel it going into a gear if the gears are aligned but mine doesn't have detents like an automatic transmission shifter. The biggest problem is quite often it doesn't go into A or B, because the gears aren't aligned and I end up in neutral. There is very little level ground where I live so when I'm in neutral and I lift the FEL and Box Blade, I'm quickly rolling down a hill and the brakes won't stop it, especially in reverse. I have to quickly drop the box blade and FEL. The first time this happened I almost didn't do it in time. What I do now is shift and hit a pedal to make sure I'm not in neutral before I lift the attachments and release the parking brake.

Last edited:
   / Update on my new 3520 Cab #8  
I can feel it going into a gear if the gears are aligned but mine doesn't have detents like an automatic transmission shifter. The biggest problem is quite often it doesn't go into A or B, because the gears aren't aligned and I end up in neutral. There is very little level ground where I live so when I'm in neutral and I lift the FEL and Box Blade, I'm quickly rolling down a hill and the brakes won't stop it, especially in reverse. I have to quickly drop the box blade and FEL. The first time this happened I almost didn't do it in time. What I do know is shift and hit a pedal to make sure I'm not in neutral before I lift the attachments and release the parking brake.

yeah the brakes on these things when both brakes engage just plain suck and are stiff. you have to stand on the dam pedals.

/ Update on my new 3520 Cab #9  
Maybe they need adjustment.

D.

/ Update on my new 3520 Cab #10  
Maybe they need adjustment.

D.

I know where the adjusyments are an they are adjusted fine. its almost like they bind somewhere