Update on my Stickweld 250

/ Update on my Stickweld 250
That is what I'm afraid of! I run 1/8-inch 6010 around 80-amps on the V350-Pro to get the same results on the Stickweld 250 I was a little over 120-amps! Furu will probably have the exact numbers. To me that is just way to big of a difference!
Lanse I really look forward to what you find out.;)

The Lincoln V350-Pro with ESAB 10P Plus 1/8" was at 80 amps and I think AF was around +2.4 or so.

The Stickweld with same rod (ESAB 10P Plus 1/8") was at 125 amps AF 5; thus the 45 amp difference.
My memory of the V350-Pro Arc Force setting may be off a bit as I did not log that as we were looking at several things with the range of the AF on the machine.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #22  
Shield Arc
What kind of rods does your PA 200 prefer to burn well. I got a PA200 last year and am slowly getting used to it but my suppliers aren't local and I don't make special trips to them. Any input on 6011 or 7018 would be appreciated. I am limited to Lowes of TSC locally and got some 7018 hobart and Lincoln 6011 to try. I try to do all of my practice outside and the weather is not to my liking, this old body just can't handle it well !! Thanks

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #23  
   / Update on my Stickweld 250 #24  
We can get Scott to test whatever rods you wish us to test and put in the videos! Let us know what you want to see. We can get the rods needed to test from the local supply store.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #25  
I would say any of the 6010 rods Furu listed. Radnor, ESAB's 10P, 10P-Plus, Lincoln 5P-Plus.
Does it make any sense to you that his Stickweld 250 ran the 10P-Plus at 125-amps, where the same results with my V350-Pro was at 80-amps?:confused3: Even though 125-amps is well with in ESAB's parameters.

Attachments

• 10P Plus.png
    10P Plus.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 106
   / Update on my Stickweld 250 #26  
I would say any of the 6010 rods Furu listed. Radnor, ESAB's 10P, 10P-Plus, Lincoln 5P-Plus.
Does it make any sense to you that his Stickweld 250 ran the 10P-Plus at 125-amps, where the same results with my V350-Pro was at 80-amps?:confused3: Even though 125-amps is well with in ESAB's parameters.

Im not sure. We do not have the V350-Pro here to do a side by side, but that is something we can look into. Ill have to ask Scott or David to see why there may be differences in the machines and the settings.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #27  
Lanse said he was going to pickup some 6010 and try it on his Stickweld 250. I know all machines are different, but 45-amps?!
On second thought we had ESAB's 10P-Plus running beautifully, so no need to give it a test drive. Only way I could get the other rods to run was by jamming them right into the puddle. Soon as I opened the arc just a little bit I lost it, and the arc died. I just get a gut feeling something is wrong with Furu's machine.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #28  
Cool, we can also do our testing later this week. If Furu wishes to get his unit checked out, i can get our guys on it. I think we should do some in house tests + with Lanse's tests to see if we get similar results on the settings.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #29  
What was also strange, I ran the Lincoln Excalibur 1/8-inch 7018 vertical up at 145-amps! Trust me I'm not that good!:laughing: Also 155-amps for flat, normally I run flat around 125-amps.:confused3:

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #30  
Shield Arc said:
Only way I could get the other rods to run was by jamming them right into the puddle. Soon as I opened the arc just a little bit I lost it, and the arc died. I just get a gut feeling something is wrong with Furu's machine.
That's the same result I had with 6011 ( Lincoln brand), on both everlast and longevity machines. Had to burry the rod below the surface. Would like to find some place to get a small quantity of other brands to try.