Buying Advice Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #31  
Factory light has the switch built into the light housing. The wiring pigtail is on each fender and is HOT when the key is on. I did not get the factory lights, double what nicer LED floods are and I was able to plug into the factory harness and run mine off a toggle switch to turn both on at once (key on only :) )

Thank you. Do you know what the factory wires by the fenders are fused at? 5 or 10 amp?

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #32  
Thank you. Do you know what the factory wires by the fenders are fused at? 5 or 10 amp?

If you pull the fuse cover off it should be labelled with one fuse for EACH fender, I thought they were 15 each(?) I ran both LED lights off one fuse no issues. but less power draw than halogen.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #33  
Anyone have a problem with the PARK on this model ?

In particular if allowed to "roll into" the transmission lock on a slight grade it can be very hard to get it out of park.

On previous tractors there has always been a way to lock the foot brakes down - I can't find that on this one, either physically or in the manual, does it EXIST ?

Mine almost crushed me a few weeks back. I put it into park while I was swapping out implements. I was on a slight grade and did not lower my FEL. I put it into park; I saw the red park light come on, on the dash. I got off the tractor and went behind it. As I was hooking up the implement, the tractor jumped out of Park and starting rolling back towards me gaining speed as the decline increased. I had to run around the side of the tractor and hit the brakes with my hands as there was no time to get on the tractor. This is a new tractor with ~8 hours on it. My wife and parents found no humor in the event. Had it been a cab model and not open cab, I would not have had time to hit the brakes.

I have heard ChuckE2009 on Youtube mention his 7060 had jumped out of Park a couple times. This is something that needs to be looked at. I won't get off tractor now without FEL and implements down.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #34  
Out of habit I lock the brakes and lower implements whenever I get off my machine .

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #35  
In my opinion Kubota is lacking in not having lockable brakes. I'm guessing they don't because they are hydraulic brakes. I never trust a park pin on anything.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #36  
Out of habit I lock the brakes and lower implements whenever I get off my machine .

Me too, I also put the bucket down.

The PROBLEM with the M7060 is that it doesn't HAVE a (friction) brake lock, i.e. it is very much like an automobile with a "P" position in the transmission lever and no "e brake" that can be locked on.
The short vertical rod that I referred to earlier seems to be the item "at issue".

If it is out of adjustment one way you can get on an incline and put it in park, roll against it and not be able to get out unless/until the load on that pawl is released.
In our case by me shoving with another tractor that just happened to be on site that day.
{Since we were positioning equipment for installation with the pallet forks the "bucket as a brake" option wasn't available to us at that moment.}
If it is out of adjustment the other way it seems it can pop out of park and roll.

One way you're stuck, the other way you could be crushed - some choice.
The shop manual says 95 mm, but doesn't tell you exactly how to measure that, e.g. center to center or between some marks.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #37  
It very much needs a lockable, friction-based parking brake. I can tell you I no longer trust it and will lower all equipment/FEL EVERY TIME when getting off the seat now. I was on and off the tractor numerous times that day. It's a bad setup and it's going to get someone killed. Like I said earlier, had it been a cab model, I would not have had enough time to get in the cab to hit the brakes. It would have been a KTAC claim as it would have rolled down the hill into hardwoods at speed damaging a new tractor.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #38  
In my opinion Kubota is lacking in not having lockable brakes. I'm guessing they don't because they are hydraulic brakes. I never trust a park pin on anything.
On all the Ls you only get a latch for the brakes. It's a little irritating to engage. I'd prefer a lever (that blocks egress when not engaged) like on excavators.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #39  
This MIGHT lead me toward safer practices, i.e.carry a pair of hefty chocks and USE THEM every time I stop and "park", whether changing implements or just pausing.
There could be some GOOD coming out of this.

/ Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 #40  
I'd never use chocks. I'm on/off too many times. :)