Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower?

/ Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower? #11  
I haven't done it on a snowblower, but a snowblade on my old lawn tractor. My drive was asphalt, and the steel cutter was draggin off a lot of surface every time I plowed. I put a UHMW edge on it (piece of scrap I got at work) and solved the problem instantly. What really surprised me was how long the plastic lasted. I used it 3 years before I had to flip it over to the other edge (not real heavy snow country around me).

/ Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower? #12  
Looks great. Reminds me, I have to rework the skids on my blower too.

/ Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower? #13  
I made non-marking skid shoes for my B2782B blower using 3/4" thick UHMW. Made new steel mounts as I didn't want to modify the originals. UHMW is mounted using countersunk 1/4-20 bolts. Skid footprint is larger than original.

bumper

/ Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower? #14  
My driveways and my road are gravel and I sheared a lot of pins before adding these UHMW skids to my BX2750D blower. I had the material but it can be purchased at places like McMaster-Carr. While I didn't change my cutting edge I think it would work fine there also. It works like wood and is very abrasion resistant.

UHMW Skids.jpg

/ Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower? #15  
old thread but it came up in a search and I am getting ready to use my new PTO snowblower for the first time soon as we get something deep.

Was wondering if there is no point in new skid shoes if you have a paved driveway? Seems like the use cases mentioned in this thread are all fancy pavers/gravel?

/ Urethane skids and scraper on a snow blower? #16  
old thread but it came up in a search and I am getting ready to use my new PTO snowblower for the first time soon as we get something deep.

Was wondering if there is no point in new skid shoes if you have a paved driveway? Seems like the use cases mentioned in this thread are all fancy pavers/gravel?

I made those skids for 2 reasons. I wanted to put some distance between the rocks and cutting edge so I would shear fewer bolts and because no matter what I did to the OEM shoes the adjustment would change on me. So by making these and having them go beyond the cutting edge, the distance between the cutting edge and ground (in this case 5/8") would always be the same. Your shoe adjustment may work better than mine did so it may not be an issue for you anyway, especially if all of your blowing is on pavement. If it is, I wouldn't bother with it.