URL links

/ URL links #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
Is anyone else having problems with links in posts? I click on them and my browser just sits there. The only way I can get to the web page is to copy the shortcut and then paste in a new web browser page.

Is there some setting in IE Explorer 6. something something that I have set wrong, this failure is evident on my computer at work and at home.

Murph

/ URL links #2  
No, Murph, I've not been having a problem with the links most of the time. Occasionally one of us will post a link with an error in it, though, so if you give up specific examples, we can look at it to see what the problem is.

/ URL links #3  
Try deleting your temporary internet files. Some computers keep multiple thousands of them and sometimes they can cause problems. Check your settings and check the box 'Always send url's as UTF-8' if it's not already, see if that helps.

/ URL links
Under "Farmers Can Import" in Buying/Pricing. This link to china posts http://www.chinabestproducts.com/. When I click on that link my computer just sits there. If I copy the link and paste in another browser window it works ok.

I will try pasting the link in this post and go back and see if it works. Here it is China Page

As far as clearing the temporary files I did that both at work and at home and this particular link does not work. There is other ones out there that don't work either, and typically if they don't work others will say something

Murph

/ URL links
Even the one I posted above does not work for me. Does it work for others?

murph

/ URL links #6  
When you click on a link, it opens in a NEW window. I would suspect your browser window is MAXIMIZED, thus you cannot see the new window behind your full-screen view.

If you prefer the MAXIMIZED window, then just press Alt-Tab to switch between the other browser windows that are currently open.

/ URL links #7  
Well, Murph, now I'm stumped 'cause both type of links in your above message work fine for me, so obviously your problem is not someone making an error in posting the link.

/ URL links #8  
Worked for me.....
I bought a new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just teasing
Jerry

/ URL links
Dave,

I did check for windows mininmized behind others and there just isn't any there. XP is pretty good on the task bar about showing other windows. The thing that is really funny is that my problems happens on my computer at work and at home.

It's not a big problem, I can deal with it but it would be nice if it did work.

The other thing that I notice is the little Windows Logo in the upper right hand corner doesn't move like it is even looking for another link.

murph

/ URL links #10  
This is a thought...
I tried the chinabestproducts link above. As usual a new window opened for me but it took awhile to load. Most links load fairly fast for me.
I have DSL connection and average a speed of about 980...
My guess is if you have a much slower connection such as dial-up this may cause really slow loading of the page on some sites.
Mike