USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought?

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #12  
Before front end loaders became so popular a 3pt. back bucket was a common farm implement. It would load in either direction and also dump. There has to be lots of them still out there. Rugged but inexpensive.
The best of them had bolt on reversible cutting edges and were limited only by the 3pt lift capacity. Ask at a used implement dealer, he may have one out back.... nobody is going to buy it.

My buddy has used one for 40 years. It works just good enough to have kept him from getting a front end loader for way too long

Last edited:
   / USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #13  
They're the cheapest Cat1 implement on the used market from what I can tell. The going rate down here is ~$150 for a usable used one, and it seems like sellers can't get rid of them.

Again, it seems like people only buy these because they are avoiding more expensive options, but then once they get other more expensive options they never reconsider if anything has changed with the cheap ones. I.e., I have a power top link. A 3pt scoop gets a lot more interesting with a power top link. Slightly more digging ability, slightly more grading ability, much better 'stuff not rattling all the way off the back' ability, to the point you might actually trust to put some power tools in it, etc. You could do all that with a regular top link but.. would you? Could even use some of the $99 special clamp on bucket forks and turn it into a pallet lifter at that point, as long as you didn't need your forks more than ~25" apart. Power top link might improve the dirt scoop as much as it improves a box blade, but I sure can't think of any time in history a 3pt scoop was used on a tractor with a power top link. That Titan ad though does me one better and put its on the end of a 3pt adapter... on an ssqa plate.. on a front loader.. on a skid steer! They jumped through ALL the hoops to mount that thing where it was never designed to go! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
   / USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #14  
The 3pt scoop was particularly handy for older utility tractors that didn't have power steering. Without power steering those tractors were poor candidates for a front end loader, but a 3pt scoop could easily carry any weight you could get on it and at the same time it eased the steering effort.
There were some really nice 3pt scoops built. Most were manual dump, but like the previous poster said if you added power cylinders to them they were real handy for scooping & movng anything. Given enough time, you could grade a pasture or build a farm pond with one.
3pt scoops were heavily built and too good to throw away, but not much use if you have a FEL. For anyone who wants a 3pt scoop I'd advise looking in the weeds behind an old implement dealer. It won't cost much. Massey & several other USA mfg made real nice ones.
rScotty

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #15  
I built my own dump carry-all about 15 years ago. You can't back into a pile to load, but had other attachments to do that. This was built to do rock pickup in the fields, haul dump firewood, hauling manure out of horse stalls, to be dumped in my manure storage bin, haul bales of hay, fence posts and tools etc. I basically copied a bale carrier frame, then added the dumping platform. I calculated the dump cylinder location, by measuring the cylinder set up on my 1-ton dump trucks cylinder position, then scaled it to fit this. I used a 2-1/2" cylinder, and it has yet failed to dump anything I've put on it. I did make the deck from 1/16th sheet metal, which has held up well.

When building my new buildings at my present location, I used it as weight on my 180 Massey, to compact the fill material for the base's. I backed my dump truck up to it, and dumped a load of the bank run material I was using for fill on to it. What stayed on, was the weight I worked with. I'm guessing it was between 1,000, and 1,500 lbs. When I was finished, I dumped it off, and it dumped it effortlessly, with the 180 at idle.

I later added a hydraulic top link, which allows you to tip it forward to keep fence posts, etc., from rolling off the back. It also allowed tipping back, when dumping something that may have a tendency to stick to it, like wet manure. Or, just backing up on the pile a bit, and make a greater angle of dump position.

I don't use it as much as I did back then, but still is the perfect attachment at times, for certain jobs.

4.JPG

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #16  
The 3pt scoop was particularly handy for older utility tractors that didn't have power steering. Without power steering those tractors were poor candidates for a front end loader, but a 3pt scoop could easily carry any weight you could get on it and at the same time it eased the steering effort.
There were some really nice 3pt scoops built. Most were manual dump, but like the previous poster said if you added power cylinders to them they were real handy for scooping & movng anything. Given enough time, you could grade a pasture or build a farm pond with one.
3pt scoops were heavily built and too good to throw away, but not much use if you have a FEL. For anyone who wants a 3pt scoop I'd advise looking in the weeds behind an old implement dealer. It won't cost much. Massey & several other USA mfg made real nice ones.
rScotty

I’ve had my LS tractor with FEL four years. I haven’t used my 3 point scoop on my older tractor in all that time (but it was very useful before then). I’ll let it go more than reasonable. I’m in northern Alabama; PM if anyone is interested.

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #17  
This was originally a 3PH carrier that I converted to a dump box with a formed sheet of 3/16" steel with final dimensions of 3' front to back, 4' side to side and about 14" sides and added a loader cutting edge later.

I found, after some use, that a "higher" dump capability would be good so modified it to include a small cylinder underneath the box with pivots out at the end of the "forks" to give a great dump angle. Can be used with a combination of the top link cylinder as well as the underneath cylinder.

As mentioned above, these boxes make great counterweight for the FEL in addition to great payload capacity for moving material from point A to B.

Edit: The hydraulic side link also adds versatility to a dumpbox.

Attachments

• DUMPBOX-A.jpg
    DUMPBOX-A.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 98
  • DUMPBOX-B.jpg
    DUMPBOX-B.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DUMPBOX-C.jpg
    DUMPBOX-C.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DUMPBOX-D.jpg
    DUMPBOX-D.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 97
   / USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #18  

This is the Mother Of All Dumpboxes :)

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought? #19  
I saw one recently where the dump action on the box simultaneously lifted its 'tailgate' up out of the way, somewhat similar to dumping a clamshell / 4n1.

/ USA Manufactured 3-Pt. TRANSPORT BOXES / DUMPING CARRYALLS ~ Anyone bought?
You may also want a Transport Box to substitute for a front end loader, to carry soil amendments and tools and during harvest to carry your produce.

SPLIT-FIRE Three Point Hitch mounted SUBSTITUTE for the tractor Front End Loader:

7052558_orig.jpg

The Pat’s Easy Mover is a front end loader style bucket that attaches to the rear of your tractor using an included 3 point hitch trailer mover/toolbar. Pat’s Easy Moverprovides a lower cost way to complete many of the tasks that were previously only possible with expensive front end loaders, including digging, scooping and spreading. In addition to the bucket, the system also includes a removable tailgate that allows it to functions as a transport box. Or the entire bucket can be removed, leaving a trailer mover/toolbar with a 2” receiver hitch and the capability to accept a gooseneck ball. The Pat’s Easy Mover is made in the USA and is available in 4’ and 5’ models. Both of the models use a category 1 trailer mover/toolbar and carry a one year warranty.

4' Bucket - 48" x 24" x 14" approx 9cft $750.00 plus shipping
5' Bucket - 60" x 28" x 14" approx 17cft $800.00 plus shipping

Picture

------ 0 ------​

WESTENDORF​

WR-20 & WR-30​

Product Details​

Versatility At Your Fingertips
The WR-20 is designed to attach to a tractor's 3-point on tractors up to 27 HP. The WR-30 fits a tractor's 3-point from 20 to 80 HP. The Auto-Dump™ works with easy one-lever control, the same lever that controls your 3-point. A great solution for small and older 2WD tractors that cannot fit a front-end loader. It is a great solution for farmers, acreage owners, weekend farmers, construction companies, large poultry businesses, nurserymen, snow removal companies, rental companies, schools, golf courses, and much more. The Auto-Dump™ is great for digging, scooping, and hauling material of all types. It can be used to scrape, level, bank, and backfill. Makes quick work of moving tree branches, bricks, bales of hay, firewood, tools, lawn and garden supplies or any job you might use a wheelbarrow for. You get all these great features of a front-end loader for a fraction of the cost.

The WR-20 & WR-30 Auto-Dump™ features:
  • Lift height of the WR-20 is 18" to 28".
  • Lift height of the WR-30 is 30" to 40".
  • The dump angle of the WR-20 is up to 55°, and the dump angle of the WR-30 is up to 52°.
  • WR-20 comes with heavy-duty bucket with a width of 48" and a bucket capacity of 3 cubic feet or a width of 60" and bucket capacity of 3.5 cubic feet .
  • WR-30 comes with heavy-duty bucket with a width of 60" and a bucket capacity of 11 cubic feet or a width of 72" and bucket capacity of 13 cubic feet .
  • No additional hydraulics are required.
  • Easy one-lever control. The same lever that controls your 3-point hitch.
  • Attaches quickly and easily to your tractor and there are no brackets left on the tractor when the Auto-Dump™ is removed.
  • Gives you a high bucket rise for the best possible ground clearance, allowing you to pile snow, dirt, gravel, or sand higher than the blade.