Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ?

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #1  

Dave___in___CT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130, LA723 Loader, BH90 Backhoe, Curtis Cab, || '82 Gravely 8199KT garden tractor
Hi...

Wondering what you think about using one on a tractor...

I find it very useful... the tractor has power steering so it's EZ to turn using 1 hand...

1698_lg.jpg

Dave...

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #2  
I've always had one and love it--especially when high-speed mowing before a storm or sunset..

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #3  
My uncle got a broken thumb from one. He was bush hogging and the front wheel hit a stump or something. Steering Wheel spun around--his thumb didn't.

It was an older ford w/ PS..........

Be careful........

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #4  
I love both of mine, JD mower for constant path correction and obstacle trimming & Kubota 2710 for FEL work or BH positioning /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ..RayBee
PS: also working on putting one on my golf cart /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 339673-suicide & mirror.jpeg.jpg
    339673-suicide & mirror.jpeg.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 167
   / Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #5  
You gotta have it!

On my NH TC40D, I've run into a LOT of stuff and it doesn't jerk the steering wheel. If you have a good deal of feedback, I would worry about broken fingers. If you don't, then I say, "go for it!"
Mark

Attachments

• 339692-Spinner.jpg
    339692-Spinner.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 197
   / Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #6  
The last time I used a "suicide knob" was when I was a teenager and cars didn't have power steering; could break a finger or thumb pretty easily with them, and I would have considered it especially dangerous on my B7100 (no power steering) where any stump, rut, etc. could spin the steering wheel if you didn't have a good hold on it. Now with most modern cars and/or tractors with power steering, I don't really consider it such a hazard anymore, and I also didn't consider it a "need" anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif But if you like it, why not? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #7  
Bought one at TSC about a year ago for my lawn tractor couldn't make it fit.Then tried it on my DK40 it wouldn't fit it either. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ? #8  
I would second what Bird has to say. I remember back when I was a kid, had one on an old Case tractor. Thought I was going to loose my hand. With today's newer power steering they are not needed. But you can turn faster with them and if you like it, go for it.

murph

/ Use a Steeing Wheel Spinner ?
Hi...

I agree... a suicide knob may not be a good choice unless there's power steering...

Even though power steering is easy... I find having the knob is invaluable much of the time... when one hand is operating the loader or other control... or whatever... only 1 hand is needed to turn any amount... smoothly... and effortlessly...

It may also be beneficial for someone without full use of 2 hands...

Dave...