Use "winter" diesel in summer?

/ Use "winter" diesel in summer? #11  
I use only winter blend year round. Always have, always will.
My reason being... I usually buy all my home heating oil after it has been blended for winter use. I store 500 gallons home heating oil for the house and 550 gallons in my garage. The garage tank has an electric fuel pump, 25 foot hose, and nozzle for fueling the tractor.
Amazing the price discount I get with a 700 gallon delivery with same day cash.

The only thing I have ever used is winter blend home heating oil in my tractor.

PLEASE,
let's NOT start a difference between hho / diesel / #2 / off road debate!

How do you guys know about these blends and what you're getting?

HHO is HHO, as far as I know. Personally, I would imagine that it is always "winter blend" - no real use for HHO in the summer, after all. I know my HHO receipts say #2, but I don't know of any options - I say, "gimme heating fuel" and it shows up. I generally buy my winter allotment in August or September (~500 gals). I think I can order straight Kerosene too, but never have. I think straight Kero is what folks with outside tanks use around here, but I haven't ever heard of a pre-blended mix. Also, at the pump, I get "Diesel". That's it. It's the green pump. Winter mix, summer mix...who knows what is coming out?

Then again, I do live in the city...relatively speaking. AND - I always add ~3 oz. of white bottle PS to each 5 gal can of diesel for my tractor, so I'm hoping it doesn't matter.

JayC

/ Use "winter" diesel in summer? #12  
How do you guys know about these blends and what you're getting?

I have a close friend who owns a small delivery company (5 trucks). He said one of the main reason for the winter blend is for his fleet. When the temperture nose dives, his business is booming. All his trucks sit outside all the time and when it gets down to -30 overnight he can not afford to have a truck pump or meter gell up.

I thought it was odd at first because HHO is usually for indoor/basement or underground storage tanks and kerosene is used with outside storage tanks like moble homes.