Buying Advice Used 3320 vs. New 3520

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #11  
0% is not free, its prepaid interest.

I agree with that in general. However, when I bought new a few months ago the cash price was the same as using the 0% for 48 months with JD. There was no dealer fee for taking the finanancing. There was a fee if I went with a longer loan. I shopped all the major brands and you are correct, if you took the financing the price went up. Wasn't so with JD 48 month 0%. My bottom line I paid was on par with the discount dealers on Tractorhouse and other Internet dealers. Dealer didn't care if I paid cash, financed, or any combination.

I guess you also would consider the warranty period for the new one and how many hours you plan to rack up every year. Either way $10,000 isn't chump change.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #12  
If it was me, I'd buy the 3320 and save the 10,000 for something else. I'll tell you why. In 2003 I went lookin for a diesel truck when I ran across this deal. Two identical 1999 Dodge 2500HD 4x4 long bed quad cabs. Both with the same options and same color, red. One was a V10 with 35,000 miles and the other a Cummins diesel with 70,000 miles. He wanted 13,000 for the V10 and 20,000 for the diesel. I asked why such a huge difference in price. He said that everyone was afraid of the V10 because of gas mileage over the diesel. Then he looked at me and said, "you wouldn't spend 7,000 on gas in ten years for the price difference." You know what, he was right. I bought the V10 and never looked back. I have 96,000 trouble free miles on the V10 and have only spent 2200 on gas in ten years. So I think for the difference in hp, I'd keep the 10 grand and buy attachments.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #13  
Correction to the 2200. Supposed to be a 4. Roughly 4400 on gas.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #14  
   / Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #15  
I'd agree with those who say save the $10K. Even if you have to finance the used 3320, the $10K savings will more than make up for the 0% financing and warranty, which more than likely will not be needed. With 72" MMM & 60" Snowblower + Air / Cab I have not found lack of power to be a problem yet. 400 hours is nothing. I went from 3320 O/S to 3320 CAB with no regrets.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #16  
I agree with that in general. However, when I bought new a few months ago the cash price was the same as using the 0% for 48 months with JD. There was no dealer fee for taking the finanancing. There was a fee if I went with a longer loan. I shopped all the major brands and you are correct, if you took the financing the price went up. Wasn't so with JD 48 month 0%. My bottom line I paid was on par with the discount dealers on Tractorhouse and other Internet dealers. Dealer didn't care if I paid cash, financed, or any combination.

I guess you also would consider the warranty period for the new one and how many hours you plan to rack up every year. Either way $10,000 isn't chump change.

When I was tractor shopping in 2011 the cash price was over a grand less than the finance price.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #17  
I have a different take on which tractor to get. Since Casper is almost a mile high, I would go with the turbo 3520. A naturally aspirated engine like on the 3320 will lose about 3% of its power for each additional 1000 feet in altitude above sea level, or about a 15% power loss. I would go for the 3520 for that altitude in order to have the a/c (I've been in Casper at 100 degrees) and sufficient pto power at the same time.

Good luck with your decision, and whichever you get, enjoy the new tractor!

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #18  
I have a different take on which tractor to get. Since Casper is almost a mile high, I would go with the turbo 3520. A naturally aspirated engine like on the 3320 will lose about 3% of its power for each additional 1000 feet in altitude above sea level, or about a 15% power loss. I would go for the 3520 for that altitude in order to have the a/c (I've been in Casper at 100 degrees) and sufficient pto power at the same time.

Now That's some good advice....

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #19  

I'm no expert but that rule plays a lot of weight on a gasoline engine.mi beg to differ on a Diesel engine. I doubt you would lose any more than 1 percent if that at 1000 feet on a diesel as compared to a gas engine. Aa big problem with this thread is that OP never stated is financial position. If 10k will cause you hardship, then get the 3320 and I'm sure you will be more than pleased. If you can comfortably spend the 10k and not lose any sleep, by. All means get the 3520. The 3520 is a great machine. I own one.

/ Used 3320 vs. New 3520 #20  
I'm no expert but that rule plays a lot of weight on a gasoline engine.mi beg to differ on a Diesel engine. I doubt you would lose any more than 1 percent if that at 1000 feet on a diesel as compared to a gas engine. Aa big problem with this thread is that OP never stated is financial position. If 10k will cause you hardship, then get the 3320 and I'm sure you will be more than pleased. If you can comfortably spend the 10k and not lose any sleep, by. All means get the 3520. The 3520 is a great machine. I own one.

Based on what I've read...GreenWannabe's 3% per 1000 ft is pretty **** close.