Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620?

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #21  
Read your post, and wanted to say congratulations on your choice. I have a B2630 here to work about 20 acres of woods and pastures, and it is a great and versatile machine and the creature comforts it has and position control are nice. Sometimes, I wish it was a little bigger, sometimes a little smaller, maybe once in a while a little more powerful, but most of the time it's just right, and I think what I really need are two more tractors!

Pics are nice, she looks great, have fun...

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620?
Thanks Hawkhart! I am loving this tractor so far. Can't wait til spring/summer when I can really put her to work!

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #23  
Looks great!

Call Woods, and/or a Woods dealer. The BH80-X "Groundbreaker" will fit the B2630. In addition to verifying it would fit, with the Woods Corporate folks, I test-drove a B2630 set up like that--didn't try the hoe, though (and wish I had :mad:), but it was at a Woods dealer and had obviously been slightly used.

I believe the "80" is approx. 100lbs heavier than the BH77--but double-check that, if weight is an issue.

I fear, however, that the tractor's relatively-light weight (being a CUT) may be an issue, with your ground. I've heard that the BH80X "Groundbreaker" is very strong, and will "throw the tractor around pretty good." Hope you can dig what you want to. Either way--GREAT TRACTOR!

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Oh--can I ask a favor?

Can you please measure the height of your ROPS, both up and down? I may have a clearance issue.

Thanks.

My Hoe

My Hoe,

The height of the ROPS is 88" up and 68" folded down. Also, this is with the industrial tires. Ag or turf are probably slightly different heights.

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #25  
My Hoe,

The height of the ROPS is 88" up and 68" folded down. Also, this is with the industrial tires. Ag or turf are probably slightly different heights.

kchampagne,

MUCH appreciated! This really helps me out, as I'm at the location I need to be, this week, to check the clearances.

Thank you, as well, for the reminder about differing tire heights--it might come down to that. I want turfs, which I believe are taller.

Anyone with a B2630 or B3030 know the difference in height between R4's and turfs? If it matters, I'm a fan of the turfs with the more rounded tread face (not that I know the brand name :ashamed:.

Thanks again!

My Hoe

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #26  
I'd check at your local Kubota dealer on a new backhoe for your new purchase. The Kubota controls are excellent and make it easy to operate! Good luck!

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #27  
These were the "deluxe" models and were priced quite higher than the standard B series models. I just don't think Kubota sold enough of them. I love mine though and lucky to find one. Just need to find a BH for it now!

Kubota sold tons of them over the years. They have been discontinued, along with the B3000 cab model, to make room for the new EPA required Tier 4 machines. The new models are the B2650 and B3350.

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #28  
Reading this comment from Jbbies and wondering about the QA on your B2620. We are leaning toward the purchase of a B2620 and want to get a QA loader. The dealership tells us they can only do that with a 5' bucket that adds about 150 pounds of weight compared to the Kubota bucket it comes with. I started a thread asking about that size bucket, and the first reply suggested a 5' bucket is too big for a B2620. What kind of QA and bucket did you get on your B2620?

Debp, I have the B2630, which is a bit larger and more capacities than the B2620. I have a 5ft bucket on the LA403 loader with the Kubota OEM QA. I believe the loader on the B2620 is the LA364. I am not sure if a 5ft bucket can be attached to it, but I know you can get the Kubota OEM QA. I believe the only con against the OEM QA is that you are stuck with having to buy Kubota brand attachments (universal skid steer attachments will not work). You can also consider installing a universal skid steer QA, such as this one from Everything Attachments: ATI Tach-All Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach Hitch for tractor loaders The video will give you an idea of how it is installed. I don't see any reason why this aftermarket QA could not be installed on the B2620 loader and bucket. I suggest you could contact Everything Attachments about a compatible QA for the B2620. BTW, I love Durango. Great place to live!!!

/ Used B2630 or New B2320/B2620? #30  
Thanks, kchampagne. The dealership says it would cost $950 to put a universal quick attach on with adjustments to keep our 50" bucket. That really ends up making the tractor expensive, unfortunatley, because I do like the B over the L for our purposes. Thanks for all the suggestions above on how to work around some of this.