Used cost?

/ Used cost? #1  

chuck172

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SEH, Ford 4500TLB, Ford 8n
I've settled on a used 30+hp, 4wd, with loader. I'm looking to keep the price under 15,000. What will be my choices?
I live in N.E Pa. I'll be buying this spring.

/ Used cost? #2  
There are several options for that price range. I believe a JD 3005 is around 15K new. Also you should be able to find a fair amount of used tractors for that price. If you outline what you will be using it for then perhaps we can offer better solutions.

/ Used cost? #3  
I've settled on a used 30+hp, 4wd, with loader. I'm looking to keep the price under 15,000. What will be my choices?

If you are buying used, your choices are going to be limited to the used tractors that are on the market at that time in your general area. To get a general idea of the tractor models available in that price range, you could look at the "asking prices" listed at http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/list.aspx.

Have you been looking at your local Craig's List? Local dealers' inventories of used tractors?

Steve

/ Used cost?
Snowplow 800' shale driveway
Log out up to 10 cords of firewood a year
York rake and grade driveway
bush hog a 2 acre field
This is what I've been using:
ford 8n with grade blade, york rake, and bush hog
ford 4500 TLB
1989 ford f250 pu with snow plow
The pu is rotting out and unreliable, 8n just doesn't cut it, tlb is old and getting expensive to maintain, can't plow with it.
I'd like to keep the price below 15,000
I hope you guys can help me out with some more suggestions.
I live in N.E Pa. we do get quite a bit of snow. I have 33 acres, I'm 62 years old, with no help. woodlot mgt. chickens, sometimes pigs etc.

/ Used cost? #7  
Read some of my old threads.

8x6SAM_0875.jpg

My M4700 w/ new 8" chipper and pallet forks about $14K for ALL.

I too wanted a 40HP+ w/FEL & 4wd for $15K and under.

I found this
8x6SAM_0798.jpg 8x6SAM_0797.jpg

on a school auction in January 2013 for $11.5K. A M4700 (50+hp)

/ Used cost?
You hit paydirt newbury. Hope I can get lucky this spring.

/ Used cost? #9  

You don't necessarily have to go used to meet those requirements. You can buy a brand new LS G3033 (33hp, 4wd, FEL) for right around $15K, and a step up to the G3038 (better loader, same frame) would run around $16,500. Looks like my dealer is asking $15,750 for the 3033, but they'll usually haggle a bit.

LS 3033 Tractor Loader compact

/ Used cost? #10  
I just bought a brand new JD 3032e, the tractor and loader was $15,195. I also bought a brush hog and blade but that was the price of the tractor and loader. Doesn't make sense to buy used at that price.