Used John Deere or New Mahindra

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #21  
we'll he typed it for me......

deere tractors hold their value......

and to be honest, when was the last time you read on here someone having trouble with their JD.....seriously, think about it.......

and deere probably has about a 20:1 market share, so the opportunity to come on here and gripe about a deere is high...

I'd buy the Deere. I just don't see Mahindra holding value very well. If you chose to upgrade in the future, the Deere will more than make up for the higher purchase price with higher resale value. Like most tractor owners, rarely do you buy your "last tractor". We always are looking for bigger, better, more capable tractors.

After reading the other article on the crappy mahindra service on the blown engine, I'd say the mahindra warranty is about worthless or at best hit and miss.

I'd also bet over the long run, the Deere holds up better if you do decide to keep it.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #22  
You may have already made your deal, but I don't believe you are looking at equal tractors for equal money. Out of curiosity, I looked up the 2615. It has 10 less hp and 9 less at the pto. It also is roughly 1K lighter than the 3320. JC

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #23  
and to be honest, when was the last time you read on here someone having trouble with their JD.....seriously, think about it.......

I see 3 or 4 thread with JD problems on the JD forum here. I think you are kidding yourself if you think there is any company that makes a product that has zero problems.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #24  
I see 3 or 4 thread with JD problems on the JD forum here. I think you are kidding yourself if you think there is any company that makes a product that has zero problems.

I think what he means is that it's not if the tractor will have problems, it's how the manufacturer & dealer will stand behind their product when the scatology hits the fan. Deere won't give a dealer franchise to any schmuck that wants to go into the tractor business.

The reason you'll see more Deere problems here than any other manufacturer is probably because they make more tractors than any other company.

I'd buy Deere if I could afford it, but I can't because of their outstanding resale value. Instead I look at Kubota. I think they're as good as Deere, but they don't hold their value as well.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #25  
Exactly why your dealer choice is just as important as the brand. All brands have good and bad dealers.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #26  
Exactly why your dealer choice is just as important as the brand. All brands have good and bad dealers.

I agree totally. If think the JD is a little high, there is some wiggle room, and if the JD dealer does not want to sharpen his pencil, I would walk away and get the Mahindra.

JMHO.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #27  
I would talk to another 2-3 JD dealers before making your decision.

A friend of mine got three quotes from the three closest dealers and there was a $3000 difference between them. That was $20K at one dealer and $17 at another.

Just my $0.02.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra
The John Deere tractor is for sale by an individual, not a dealer. The business he was in failed, he just wants the payoff. I have spoken with the dealer he purchased the unit from and they performed all the scheduled maintenance. The dealer told me the guy didn't hurt the tractor. It looks close to new. The BH stills has the stickers on the bucket.

I do have a concern about how to see that the lean against the tractor is paid off. I spoke with John Deere financing and they said they expect to be paid (of course). Perhaps I could write a check to them for the payoff.

A couple of nice features on the Deere keep me looking back at it. It sits great; the brakes are at the left foot, the direction pedals at the right. You can stand on a single break pedal and mash the forward pedal and spin the tractor on a dime. I could not live without this ability on my 8N. Maybe I don't need it on the Deere. No clutch on the Deere. Put the e-Hydro transmission lever in the range you want and press go. A seat side joystick controls the FEL instead of this hose filled piece of channel to the right of the dash. Many tractors add a FEL as an afterthought, this is not so on the 3320. The thing is ergonomically correct.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #29  
Yeah Deere really finishes off their tractors like no other and that's very important if you can afford it. That's why you pay the extra $$ and get it back when you sell.

/ Used John Deere or New Mahindra #30  
"I do have a concern about how to see that the lean against the tractor is paid off. I spoke with John Deere financing and they said they expect to be paid (of course). Perhaps I could write a check to them for the payoff."

That's exactly what I did when I purchased mine from a private seller, wired JD credit the funds to pay off the loan and the owner gave me a bill of sale. That way you know the loan is being paid off.

Eric