Tiller Used KK tiller usage?

/ Used KK tiller usage? #1  

browny

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1643
I have a chance to upgrade to used 6' KK tiller. The tiller was just bought this spring and I was told it was used to till about 50 acres. I currently have a 5' KK tiller that I have had for 4 years and I don't have 50 acres tilled with mine. To me, 50 acres seems like a lot. Is 50 acres a lot to have on a tiller? Chime in if you have a tiller and let us know what you think you have for acres tilled with it.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #2  
50 acres on a 6’ tiller in one spring is a BUNCH of tilling. I guess all soil is different, but around here that would be rough on one.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #3  
What type of soil was it used in? Gravely rocky soil or soft loam, sand etc.. This would made a difference on how much abuse the tiller has seen.

Not sure what the life expectancy of a tiller would be.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #4  
Have any pics of the tiller? And how much they want?

50 acres on a tiller is a lot in my opinion... at least on a 6' model. What are they growing that required 50 acres?!

If the dirt is anything but loam I would pass on the 50 ac machine. Unless it's 200 bucks or something dirt cheap.

/ Used KK tiller usage?
I don't have any pics but there are pics on CL, not the greatest though. The tiller was used on new ground and some ground that had been worked before and sounded like the soil was a mixture of heavy and some not so heavy, which is the type of soil I have by me. The tiller was used for food plots and I can buy it for $1200.00, but when I found out about the 50 acres I had some concerns and wanted to see what other people here were putting on for acreage with their tillers during the time that they have owned them.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #6  
I've got a 12 year old Befco 50" tiller with way more on it than that. I've tilled one pass 20 feet long to areas of a couple of acres, fill sand to gravel moraines. I've hit foundations, cement blocks and junk piles.

Major maintenance has been replacing tines, three years ago I replaced the shaft bearings. There's a lot of difference in equipment quality but I can't imagine a decent tiller wouldn't last for 50 acres.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #7  
I would think the wear on the tines would be the best indicator of the overall wear.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #8  
I have a chance to upgrade to used 6' KK tiller. The tiller was just bought this spring and I was told it was used to till about 50 acres. I currently have a 5' KK tiller that I have had for 4 years and I don't have 50 acres tilled with mine. To me, 50 acres seems like a lot. Is 50 acres a lot to have on a tiller? Chime in if you have a tiller and let us know what you think you have for acres tilled with it.

i think i have only -EVER- bought 2 new implements. a cultivator, and a 5' kk mower.

all my other dozens of implements are used .. mostly from the 60's to the 80's.. maybee not ven that new.. and some from the 50's

check the seals for weeping.. check chain and gear boxes and lube level.. check shafts for bearing play.

soundguy

/ Used KK tiller usage? #9  
I don't have any pics but there are pics on CL, not the greatest though. The tiller was used on new ground and some ground that had been worked before and sounded like the soil was a mixture of heavy and some not so heavy, which is the type of soil I have by me. The tiller was used for food plots and I can buy it for $1200.00, but when I found out about the 50 acres I had some concerns and wanted to see what other people here were putting on for acreage with their tillers during the time that they have owned them.

I would pass. I bought one new for $1450.

/ Used KK tiller usage? #10  
Bought ours this spring for $1475 in central Ohio, 6 ft KK II. That is a lot of tilling for just this year alone. Do like the others have said, check it over thoroughly and have them run it both up in the air and then in the ground for you. I would be honest w/ them and tell them that I might interested in it for a $1,000? Good luck!!!