Used L4330HST

/ Used L4330HST
The dealer changed the fluids and filters and set up delivery yesterday. Said they looked over the whole thing and it was in very good condition. So yesterday the driver showed up with the tractor and new cutter and the driver was unhooking the chains when he noticed a oil leak at the front left wheel. He said, uh oh, this doesn't look good. Hope it isn't anything serious. They took it back to the shop.

/ Used L4330HST #32  
The dealer changed the fluids and filters and set up delivery yesterday. Said they looked over the whole thing and it was in very good condition. So yesterday the driver showed up with the tractor and new cutter and the driver was unhooking the chains when he noticed a oil leak at the front left wheel. He said, uh oh, this doesn't look good. Hope it isn't anything serious. They took it back to the shop.
It's not an uncommon issue on Kubotas. Usually just a worn seal. It's also a good reminder to always use plenty of ballast on the 3pt (loaded tires dont unload the front axle). And generally dont a use the front axle when lifting heavy on the loader.

/ Used L4330HST
Dealership said it was a worn "Spindle Seal". $350 or so to repair. Filter and fluid changes cost $750 including tax. So I'm into the new, used, tractor for $1,100. At those prices I will be doing all future work.

/ Used L4330HST #34  
Dealership said it was a worn "Spindle Seal". $350 or so to repair. Filter and fluid changes cost $750 including tax. So I'm into the new, used, tractor for $1,100. At those prices I will be doing all future work.

I'm curious what parts were used to fix the Spindle seal? $350 seems high, but not certain what all parts they changed out while they were in it. I've repaired a couple of spindles and they were not to bad of a job.

Also hope they at least used Super UDT II vs standard UDT for that price.

Good luck and enjoy the tractor!

/ Used L4330HST
I'm curious what parts were used to fix the Spindle seal? $350 seems high, but not certain what all parts they changed out while they were in it. I've repaired a couple of spindles and they were not to bad of a job.

Also hope they at least used Super UDT II vs standard UDT for that price.

Good luck and enjoy the tractor!

Looks like just standard UDT. Should have mentioned the price included a $100.. delivery fee. So total was $650

/ Used L4330HST #36  
I realize this is a old thread, but just a heads up I would check the back of your seat for owners manual, there is a pocket in the backrest.

/ Used L4330HST
I realize this is a old thread, but just a heads up I would check the back of your seat for owners manual, there is a pocket in the backrest.

Thanks. I discovered the manual just where you said it would be. Been very happy with the tractor. It has performed perfectly.

/ Used L4330HST #38  
Thanks. I discovered the manual just where you said it would be. Been very happy with the tractor. It has performed perfectly.

Did you buy your used tractor at a dealer or individual? If at a dealer were they responsible for selling the tractor without the oil leak?

What was the selling price?

/ Used L4330HST
Did you buy your used tractor at a dealer or individual? If at a dealer were they responsible for selling the tractor without the oil leak?

What was the selling price?

Purchased from an individual.