used rm59

/ used rm59 #1  

dennisthomas

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 755
i found two rm59 rmfinish mowers. asking price is 250 each is that a good price. they both need a belt and one has a frozen spindle. they both are otherwise in fair shape just rusty from sitting outside thier whole lives. is this a fair price for these mowers? thanks for looking

/ used rm59
i found two rm59 rmfinish mowers. asking price is 250 each is that a good price. they both need a belt and one has a frozen spindle. they both are otherwise in fair shape just rusty from sitting outside thier whole lives. is this a fair price for these mowers? thanks for looking

/ used rm59 #3  
Considering the cost of new ones, on the surface, this isn't a bad price. However, you need to ensure that you can get the proper belts to fit them, and that there are no malformations in the belt's track.

It's difficult to buy some equipment without all the parts there so you can see how it operates. You can't tell as much about these without the belts to turn everything, but unless they're just real old, parts may be available, and would still be cheaper than $1000+ for a new one.

John

/ used rm59 #4  
Considering the cost of new ones, on the surface, this isn't a bad price. However, you need to ensure that you can get the proper belts to fit them, and that there are no malformations in the belt's track.

It's difficult to buy some equipment without all the parts there so you can see how it operates. You can't tell as much about these without the belts to turn everything, but unless they're just real old, parts may be available, and would still be cheaper than $1000+ for a new one.

John

/ used rm59 #5  
I bought a used RM 48 in February for $225. It was rusty but otherwise in pretty good shape. Mine did not have a significant amount of wear anywhere and all shields were in place. Bought it off a farm equipment dealer yard. Spindles for mine cost $111.00 each. Maybe the same as the RM 59, maybe not.

/ used rm59 #6  
I bought a used RM 48 in February for $225. It was rusty but otherwise in pretty good shape. Mine did not have a significant amount of wear anywhere and all shields were in place. Bought it off a farm equipment dealer yard. Spindles for mine cost $111.00 each. Maybe the same as the RM 59, maybe not.

/ used rm59 #7  
I think the only down side is the RM59's only have the 2 wheels in the back. All the new ones have the 4 wheel set up and are supposed to be a lot better with controling scalping. But if your land is flat that wouldn't be a big concern. You should still be able to get parts and the price is good.

Good Luck,
Rob

/ used rm59 #8  
I think the only down side is the RM59's only have the 2 wheels in the back. All the new ones have the 4 wheel set up and are supposed to be a lot better with controling scalping. But if your land is flat that wouldn't be a big concern. You should still be able to get parts and the price is good.

Good Luck,
Rob

/ used rm59 #9  
The price is proably based on the condition. You must have all the guards in place. These mowers are often sold with the guards missing because they are a pain to R&R. The belt is available, but a pain to replace due to the very complicated layout. I have had no scalping problems with my mower, but a 4 wheel would definetly follow the grade better. Parts are available as this was a very popular mower. The deck was also used for several other applications such as belly mowers. Check under the belt guard for deck rust. On mine, this is the worst pitted area. The spindles are NOT serviceable and are proably expensive. The Woods line of equipment is amound the best out there, but you get what you pay for.

/ used rm59 #10  
The price is proably based on the condition. You must have all the guards in place. These mowers are often sold with the guards missing because they are a pain to R&R. The belt is available, but a pain to replace due to the very complicated layout. I have had no scalping problems with my mower, but a 4 wheel would definetly follow the grade better. Parts are available as this was a very popular mower. The deck was also used for several other applications such as belly mowers. Check under the belt guard for deck rust. On mine, this is the worst pitted area. The spindles are NOT serviceable and are proably expensive. The Woods line of equipment is amound the best out there, but you get what you pay for.